Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,713 Members 39,349 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Flashing Issues

Tip us?

Camgorian
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation Flashing Issues

Hi guys and gals,

I'm kind of new to this, so this issue may be trivial for most. I have successfully rooted to tab pro 10.1, have flashed TWRP, and have loaded custom ROM zips on my external SD. My problem is that when I try to flash most rooms, it ends up saying failed. The one that does actually show successful(ProPlusV1), will allow me to boot but then shows processes force stopping, and then sends me into a boot loop.

Is there something i'm doing wrong or missing. I searched the forums(maybe not as well as most), and was not able to find anyone with the same issue.

Any help is appreciated!!

Camron

k8108
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Did you do an advanced wipe before you installed the roms? Advanced = wipe system, data, cache, dalvik cache. Then factory reset. This is my standard mode and I don't have problems. Which rom in particular are you trying to install?

Jerryo100
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Did you try wiping everything except external sd in TWRP? I tried that rom for my 12.2 and ended up with the Samsung logo followed by a black screen and ended up restoring my backup. It's still a test version for the 10.1 and 12.2 so I wasn't expecting much. Maybe try this one: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2776206
based on the stock rom that comes with US tablets. The last time I tried downloading, it kept failing at about 75%. I think I'll try again tonight.

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by k8108 View Post
Did you do an advanced wipe before you installed the roms? Advanced = wipe system, data, cache, dalvik cache. Then factory reset. This is my standard mode and I don't have problems. Which rom in particular are you trying to install?
Just saw your post after submitting mine. What is the factory reset doing after wiping everything? I'm still fairly new to this.

Deusdies
Old
Thanks Meter 61

DONATE TO ME
I have a very similar problem, though I don't consider myself new to flashing.

I did advanced wipe (system, dalvik, cache, and data), though TWRP was complaining about being unable to mount /cache. I also had to select "use rm -rf instead of formatting", because formatting didn't work (recovery would reboot). Then I tried flashing the ROM linked (the GigaWatts Pro), but it would not boot (gets stuck on black screen after boot logo).

Since I had a backup of the stock ROM, I figured this wouldn't be a problem. But now TWRP can't mount /system and therefore I can't restore my backup - it just says "failed".

Jerryo100
Old
(Last edited by Jerryo100; 20th June 2014 at 04:19 AM.) Reason: more info
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deusdies View Post
I have a very similar problem, though I don't consider myself new to flashing.

I did advanced wipe (system, dalvik, cache, and data), though TWRP was complaining about being unable to mount /cache. I also had to select "use rm -rf instead of formatting", because formatting didn't work (recovery would reboot). Then I tried flashing the ROM linked (the GigaWatts Pro), but it would not boot (gets stuck on black screen after boot logo).

Since I had a backup of the stock ROM, I figured this wouldn't be a problem. But now TWRP can't mount /system and therefore I can't restore my backup - it just says "failed".
Try a factory reset? I'm not sure what it does after you've already wiped everything. I've soft bricked my tablet in a similar fashion with the same symptoms as you except TWRP wouldn't even load after a couple mounting failures. Here's what worked for me. I downloaded the stock firmware for my tablet from here: http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/
Enter your model # where it says "search device here..." and download for your region. If you're in the US you'll want Cellular south. Extract the .tar.md5 file then run Odin 3.09 as admin and install using the AP button. If using Odin 3.07 use the PDA button. I'm pretty sure I had to re root and reinstall TWRP after that. I was then able to restore my backup. I've soft bricked my tablet a few times playing with custom roms. Hope this helps.

I'm fairly new to this, so if I've made any mistakes, someone please chime in b4 Deusdies reads this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jerryo100 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rbraswell8
Old
Thanks Meter 31
thanks for this. you should also mention the unbelievably long download time of over 2 hours if you're not a premium member of sammobile.

Exlo
Old
Thanks Meter 15

DONATE TO ME
I had the same problem.
Mount data partition in recovery, and flash the zip from Internal SD.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk
Device: SGS4
ROM: Imperium v7.0
Kernel: Googy Max 3
Theme: GSS5
Recovery: TWRP
Baseband: NF1

Device: Samsung Galaxy TabPRO
ROM: GigaWatts Pro 2.0
Kernel: Stock
Codename: SM-T520
Recovery: TWRP