Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,429 Members 55,323 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] OTA Failure

Tip us?

The Arbiter
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] OTA Failure

The OTA for Canadian roaming is annoying me. Can't take it because of unauthorized verizon message. Used Triangle Away and unrooted but trying to take the OTA trips the flash counter and get the same unauthorized software message. If I reset the phone normally, the flash counter doesn't trip.

How do I get this update to take? And if I can't, how do I get the update notification to go away for good?

JacobManning17
Old
(Last edited by JacobManning17; 23rd June 2014 at 10:34 PM.) Reason: More info added
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
The OTA for Canadian roaming is annoying me. Can't take it because of unauthorized verizon message. Used Triangle Away and unrooted but trying to take the OTA trips the flash counter and get the same unauthorized software message. If I reset the phone normally, the flash counter doesn't trip.

How do I get this update to take? And if I can't, how do I get the update notification to go away for good?
If you don't need to use Canadian roaming I really wouldn't bother with it. However, when you try and update will it let you download the 4.3 NC1 OTA?

If yes, does the update fail when you try and install?

If yes, go to settings - about - software update
you should get a message that says software update failed and then an error code.
what error code does it say?

If no, you could try using Kies to update to NC1

Also,
If you don't want the notification and are rooted, you can use lots of different apps to freeze SDM and fwupgrade. This will eliminate the notification.

Hope this helps

ThePagel
Old
Thanks Meter 319

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post

I'm betting triangle away trips the flash counter. If you are on full 4.3 firmware you cannot use triangle away. If you really really want nc1 flash it via Odin.
ADB Only (Windows)
ADB Only (Linux) <-- Plus instructions