Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,145 Members 42,018 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S4 and Skullcandy Ink'd earphones

Tip us?

naijaboykev28
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default S4 and Skullcandy Ink'd earphones

Hey guys I just joined the S4 family on Thursday and loving this phone.

I'm starting to have a problem with my earphones, when I plug them into the S4, usually a "Headphones connected" message comes up in notification bar. However now it doesn't do that anymore, and I hear a clicking noise. Sometimes after plugging it in and unplugging it out a few times it works but the audio quality is terrible.

The strangest thing is that my S4 works perfectly with Samsung stock earphones and my skullcandies work perfectly with PC...any help guys?

Rooted and running Insane KitKat Rom V9. Tried Factory reset and that didn't work.

Kriptik210
Old
Thanks Meter 108
Could try cleaning out headphone jack on the phone. But I have had that issue with Skullcany 3 times before one of the buds finally blows.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
.............Sent from an A.I. frequency.............
The Following User Says Thank You to Kriptik210 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

The Sickness
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 7788

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by naijaboykev28 View Post
Hey guys I just joined the S4 family on Thursday and loving this phone.

I'm starting to have a problem with my earphones, when I plug them into the S4, usually a "Headphones connected" message comes up in notification bar. However now it doesn't do that anymore, and I hear a clicking noise. Sometimes after plugging it in and unplugging it out a few times it works but the audio quality is terrible.

The strangest thing is that my S4 works perfectly with Samsung stock earphones and my skullcandies work perfectly with PC...any help guys?

Rooted and running Insane KitKat Rom V9. Tried Factory reset and that didn't work.
Use Viper4Android. It has your headphones optimized.

Haters Make Me Famous
Deviant Development Team Member
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Sickness For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bobolinko
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Default Viper4Android

I downloaded and tried Viper4Android and I must say, It blew away all the other "enhancers" that I have installed and used HANDS DOWN!

The phone sounds hundreds of times better! Even using only the speaker, it sounds really great. Using headsets it just simply astounds me how much better the sound can get....

Don't worry when you search the play store... it shows Chinese characters and you might wonder how the heck you;re supposed to install and update and set the thing up.... SURPRISE!!! it installs and shows everything in English! I'm not sure why, but it works and is SUPERB!

Thanks for pointing me to that app!

To all, Aloha and Good Luck!

naijaboykev28
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sickness View Post
Use Viper4Android. It has your headphones optimized.

Haters Make Me Famous
Deviant Development Team Member
I tried V4Android and my headphones are still borked. I'm going to try cleaning the earphone jack because I think it's causing this problem