Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,152 Members 54,193 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is there a fix for no GPS?

Tip us?

Gahh Its Lee
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 262
Default Is there a fix for no GPS?

I've changed radios and even used Odin when I switched from 4.1.2 to a newer ROM. I've had no GPS for awhile any ideas?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
Just relax its a forum not real life.

Gahh Its Lee
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 262
I tried changing my GPS settings using fastergps as suggested in another thread still no luck.

The Following User Says Thank You to Gahh Its Lee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

devious_z
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gahh Its Lee View Post
I tried changing my GPS settings using fastergps as suggested in another thread still no luck.

Do you mind providing more details about the ROM you are using, and what you have done to get to the point you are currently at?
The Following User Says Thank You to devious_z For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Gahh Its Lee
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 262
Yea I was on clean ROM (whatever the latest release was) I was on that for a very long time I flashed it the day of release and switched maybe a month ago. Either way one day it just stopped working. Now I'm on the latest stock vzw I've changed radios and used the fastergps app. It will very rarely find my location but immediately lose it my GPS is just nonfunctional nothing happened to cause it either it just worked one day and not the next.

The Following User Says Thank You to Gahh Its Lee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MikeCriggs
Old
Recognized Developer / Contributor
Thanks Meter 3529

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Yea I was on clean ROM (whatever the latest release was) I was on that for a very long time I flashed it the day of release and switched maybe a month ago. Either way one day it just stopped working. Now I'm on the latest stock vzw I've changed radios and used the fastergps app. It will very rarely find my location but immediately lose it my GPS is just nonfunctional nothing happened to cause it either it just worked one day and not the next.

GPS??

AOSPAL | SaberMod

I DO NOT ANSWER TECHNICAL QUESTIONS VIA PM OR EMAIL

G+ | Twitter | GitHub | Gmail

Recognized DeveloperRecognized Contributor
The Following User Says Thank You to MikeCriggs For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xredjokerx
Old
Thanks Meter 157
Try this,

No guarantees, but many have claimed it worked -- I know its not the same rom, but what do you have to lose?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1631
Currently running: Galaxy Note II

If you don't have drop box, please help me out and use my referral link http://db.tt/XJuRP3T
The Following User Says Thank You to xredjokerx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

doctor-cool
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
I've changed radios and even used Odin when I switched from 4.1.2 to a newer ROM. I've had no GPS for awhile any ideas?

I've gone back to Verizon stock 4.1.2 Rooted as I explain here. http://forum.xda-developers.com/note...izing-t2817294

Life on the note 2 has never been better IMO. Everything just works.
The Following User Says Thank You to doctor-cool For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Gahh Its Lee
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor-cool View Post

I've gone back to Verizon stock 4.1.2 Rooted as I explain here. http://forum.xda-developers.com/note...izing-t2817294

Life on the note 2 has never been better IMO. Everything just works.
I tried that before updating roms no matter what I just get occasional inaccurate locks

nja4k
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Sure its not a hardware issue?

I did the screw fix and connection tab fix for a friend and it's back to normal on hia phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to nja4k For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GrumpyJoe
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I had this problem when my software updated to 4.4.2 and I going the only fix that worked for me was a factory reset. It is my understanding that this update was very hard on Samsung phones. My GPS works fine now. But the price is it took me about 3 days to get my phone back to the way I had it.

The Following User Says Thank You to GrumpyJoe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]