Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,018 Members 43,543 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] ASUS TF101 'soft' bricked; can't unbrick it.

Tip us?

XTwarrior
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] ASUS TF101 'soft' bricked; can't unbrick it.

So, I have a TF101 (B70) that was running Revolution HD. Was running great, but I wanted to play with overclocking. I decided I was going to try out the EOS4 ROm since it had overclocking built in. I downloaded and ran Titaniumn Backup Pro. Went to flash, tried to restore to factory default (Never flashed the new ROM), and it froze during the Factory default. Since then, I cannot boot into the OS, and I get errors whenever I enter CWM Recovery (power + volume down).

The biggest issue I think I am running into - I did not have debugging mode turned on when I went into CWM.

I have the ASUS drivers in place (AMD64). I have installed full ASUS Suite from their website. The PC recognizes it as "ASUS Android ADB Interface" in Device manager when I have it booted into APX mode. I had to update the drivers for AMD64 for it to recognize it other than just 'APX' in Device manager. The device is obviously rooted. I tried running reflash_sbkv1 (and 2) and all it does is bring a prompt up for a split second then goes away.

Drivers are installed, NVflash is installed, installed necessary ADB bits onto my PC. Yet, when I try to run the command 'adb devices' it finds no device.

I have supposedly run EasyFlasher using the current TF101 US version and it goes through all the scripting and runs and completes. Yet when i reboot it is stuck on the 'Android' screen again and I get the same errors in recovery.

Also, if I try to boot into regular OS, Device manager on my PC shows it as a 'MTP USB Device' with a yellow exclamation mark. If I try to update drivers with the USB drivers I downloaded, all it says is that Windows thinks the drivers are already up to date! It won't seem to take the downloaded drivers from ASUS (AMD64)

I don't know what to do now. Help!

XTwarrior
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

*Detection*
Old
Thanks Meter 530
How long did you wait for NVFLASH to flash the TF ?

It takes quite a while iirc but so long as you are in APX Mode then it should be able to recover it

This is the latest stock NVFLASH ROM
http://www.xdafileserver.nl/Files/As...7_US_NOROOT.7z

Put the Tablet into APX Mode with the USB cable attached > Run download.bat and wait for it to complete

---

USB Debugging doesn't affect recovery, only when you're booted into Android
Droid: TF101
HW: B4O
ROM: KatKiss KitKat

KatKiss Dev / Stable
Kat Kernel
Kat App
Gapps
-----
EasyFlasher Root / Recovery
Peri Root/Recovery
-----

Thing O Doom
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 722

DONATE TO ME
ADB won't work with stock recovery.
I think your issue is that you need to be in APX mode to use NvFlash to unbrick the tab, download the link that *Detection* posted.
You probably have a Sbkv2 tablet with B70 (still try both), so download wheelie from androidroot.mobi, overwrite the files from first .zip with the wheelie files.
Get into APX mode with Volume-UP + Power, the screen will stay blank but the computer will detect it. Usbpcdriver is the APX drivers and a folder in the first download link.
Run Reflash_Sbkv2.bat and give it awhile. Should fix the tablet.
Is a B3ast?
NvFlash for B70+ Devices - Windows/Linux
PERI: A one-click Root and Recovery installer for .27 or less -- by me
The General ASUS Transformer tf101 Help Thread -- Ask Here

Device -- Asus Transformer TF101
Currently crack flashing...
KAT Kernel
Device -- Nexus 7
ReVOLT with TWRP
Franco kernel
--
If you need my help in a topic I have replied too but forgotten about, please quote my post and I will see it. Thanks for patience, I'm very busy c:

XTwarrior
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Detection* View Post
How long did you wait for NVFLASH to flash the TF ?

It takes quite a while iirc but so long as you are in APX Mode then it should be able to recover it

This is the latest stock NVFLASH ROM
http://www.xdafileserver.nl/Files/As...7_US_NOROOT.7z

Put the Tablet into APX Mode with the USB cable attached > Run download.bat and wait for it to complete

---

USB Debugging doesn't affect recovery, only when you're booted into Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thing O Doom View Post
I think your issue is that you need to be in APX mode to use NvFlash to unbrick the tab, download the link that *Detection* posted.
You probably have a Sbkv2 tablet with B70 (still try both), so download wheelie from androidroot.mobi, overwrite the files from first .zip with the wheelie files.
Get into APX mode with Volume-UP + Power, the screen will stay blank but the computer will detect it. Usbpcdriver is the APX drivers and a folder in the first download link.
I've done these but didn't wait long. Is it supposed to just quick run the batch and then dissappear quickly, and i just wait awhile?

*Detection*
Old
Thanks Meter 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by XTwarrior View Post
I've done these but didn't wait long. Is it supposed to just quick run the batch and then dissappear quickly, and i just wait awhile?

The .bat opens command prompt which will show you progress until its done, which takes 5-10 minutes maybe

The TF should also show something on its screen once the flashing begins, not much just a line or two at the top

When its done it should reboot your TF, might have to force reboot it but it will tell you once its finished

Make sure you run the download.bat as Admin

KatKiss Dev / Stable
Kat Kernel
Kat App
Gapps
-----
Peri Root/Recovery
-----
The Following User Says Thank You to *Detection* For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TheMrcool212
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,041
Default Re: [Q] ASUS TF101 'soft' bricked; can't unbrick it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTwarrior View Post
Try to run as administrator

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

XTwarrior
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks guys! Finally got it to work with NVFlash. Kept hanging after it formatted the UDA partition, but it was because when I unpacked it into a new folder, I needed to take the original zip and slap it into the root of the new folder I made so that it could grab the zip file.

transfomer
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thing O Doom View Post
Help me!
My tablet is bricked.I try to flash by Easyflash it but not work.
It's can't write bootload on my tablet.
Now what can i do???

*Detection*
Old
Thanks Meter 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by transfomer View Post
Help me!
My tablet is bricked.I try to flash by Easyflash it but not work.
It's can't write bootload on my tablet.
Now what can i do???
Need more info, what did you try? How did you try Easyflasher?

Did you install the Universal Naked Drivers?

Which Windows OS are you running?

KatKiss Dev / Stable
Kat Kernel
Kat App
Gapps
-----
Peri Root/Recovery
-----