Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,852 Members 41,217 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

language for android app development

Tip us?

virk36
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default language for android app development

Hello , i have an IT project lined up regarding the programming of an android app (a high level)
i would like to know that which is the best free book/pdf document is available online for learning android programming.
i have started learning python, i just wanted to know whether it can help me in any way?

ScatteredHell
Old
Thanks Meter 530
Emmm....I think python won't help. By the way what languages do you know? If you like you can continue your project with Mono Android. Which is compatible with Microsoft Visual Studio and you can do many things easier with it. In that case you have to know C#. Here's the thread with many links. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2223114

Sent from my SonyX8 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

Here's the thread for setup Mono Android. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2223010
Btw if you would like to go on this, pm me problems you have, I will help you as I can. Good luck.

Sent from my SonyX8 using Tapatalk 2
"An EXPERT is someone who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a very narrow field" - Niels Bohr

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Thanks to UKICAR@XDA

Are you a COD MW3 Player? Tired With play with Hackers on TG & 4D1?
Join with us, No Cheaters can Compete Project Tiger Killer

const_char
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by virk36 View Post
Hello , i have an IT project lined up regarding the programming of an android app (a high level)
i would like to know that which is the best free book/pdf document is available online for learning android programming.
i have started learning python, i just wanted to know whether it can help me in any way?
Do yourself a favor and simply use Java if possible. That is how they intended to develop on Android. In my experience anything else is good only if specifically needed.

WarBorg
Old
Thanks Meter 1
JAVA is the most used language to make apps for Android but there are alternatives and the biggest I see is Mono fro Android which uses C# as a programming language

Scalibq
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by const_char View Post
Do yourself a favor and simply use Java if possible. That is how they intended to develop on Android. In my experience anything else is good only if specifically needed.
I second that. Android is mostly designed around C and Java. Even if you code C/C++, you sometimes have to use JNI to call back into Java, because some functionality is only exposed in a Java package, not in native code.
So Java is the best way to make full use of the Android platform, and gives you the best compatibility. Most tools, documentation and other resources are also aimed at Java development.

ty0924
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Java is default android development language

Quote:
Originally Posted by virk36 View Post
you can develop android app with python but maybe your released app size is so big
because your app must statically have python interpreter.
it is not easy stuff, if you have not many experience of android development.

Sloosh
Old
Thanks Meter 4
python is not too far from java or c/c++ so it may help anyway, but now you should go to java ...
but the most important is now to know how to use the Android framework

Mobileappdevelopersindia
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Nowadays, Java is the most useful language to create application for android, but I will prefer mono for C# as a programming language.

C0D3FRE@K
Old
Thanks Meter 0
yeah...man u should use java it would really help u.....i m 14 i too wanna develop apps...so i learn JAVA it's the best ....
By the way gud luck with ur project

Sent from my IRIS402 using xda app-developers app