New solution to unlocking bootloader; $25 cable.

Search This thread

leereyzhe

May 26, 2013
Bootloader successfully unlocked :D

I basically flashed using LGFlashTool the Euro V20B ROM, waited 45min, and did the magic command.

I will write up a tutorial detailing how I unlocked. in the meantime, I'm going to try out KitKat 4.4.4.

Reactions: BajoPrimate

anstoss

Oct 27, 2014
btw wondering which 4.3 or 4.4 custom rom works best on p769. according to my experience so far, cmx (based on cm 10.2) is best in terms of performance and battery. for 4.4, kang is pretty good...but kind of a little bit lag about performance and I had to use battery saver to enable deep sleep...but love to know you guys result.

C

CygnusBlack

btw wondering which 4.3 or 4.4 custom rom works best on p769. according to my experience so far, cmx (based on cm 10.2) is best in terms of performance and battery. for 4.4, kang is pretty good...but kind of a little bit lag about performance and I had to use battery saver to enable deep sleep...but love to know you guys result.

I'm still writing a tutorial for this. Ricing, Performance and Battery Saving on KANG 4.4.4.
Basically you just need to turn off autosync, setup IPTables and stop the phone from using vibrations on the motor inside. You do that by installing Hacker's Keyboard and turn off vibrations on any input also turn auto brightness on or leave brightness on medium. Doing all of that with KANG 4.4.4 will yield about 2 days of battery woth moderate use of phone. I get about 2 days myself on stock battery, however I did order that 5460mAh ZeroLemon extended battery amd enclosure (which is phenominal looking for this phone btw) and with that and my configs I get 2 weeks of standby time with screen off and roughly 6 days of moderate to heavy use without charging.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just spent another eight hours trying to follow a detailed an extensive Euro_20B flash and unlock procedure.:eek: Needless to say, it didn't work.
    Thank you Kuma for the awesome locked bootloader ROM. I was able to reflash it after much struggle with a wonky touchscreen ect. Unless someone can show that the variable resistance cable makes a scratch of difference without an octopus box, I do not believe I have the will to try this again.

Is there no hope for this? (06/2013)

No, I don't think there is any Hope for unlocking these encrypted bootloader on the L9's. If this "Cable" method works (which has been rumored for months) you then have to spend the money to purchase a cable and/or an octopusbox. I'd rather invest every single cent into a different phone at this point...
    Sorry to hear that you spent 8 hours drudging through the whole unlock process again. I just spent about 8 mins flashing the new Android L developers preview image on my Nexus 5. Lol. Point is I gave up on my L9 months ago and not just because of the encrypted bootloader but, its slow, it lacks features and has terrible internal memory. I couldn't be happier with switching phones.
    Yes, kuma82 is a savior and a saint! That's the only way to make it even worth using our L9s.

I don't even want to sell my L9 on Craigslist. I wouldn't want to inflict this phone on anyone else. I DO have a conscience.

It makes for a decent alarm clock, at least.

Man... Now you've gone and made me feel bad because I gave my L9 to my wife... Uhhhh the Guilt!!!! Lol ;)

It's been quite a ride. ...but I've had enough. I'll be checking back from time to time. Even though I have L90, I'll hold on to the L9 as my backup. Bye for now!

Sent from my LG-D415 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Sad to see you move on, but Glad to see you finally got a new Phone! :highfive:
    I'm looking to replace my wife's L9. I'm Leary to purchase another LG, but how's the L90?
    Any progress on the guide?

Sorry, no. Ironically, I'm on here for the first time since my last post.

Kids back to school, moving girlfriend to a new place, sick friend out after six-week hospital stay, father in hospital twice in the past week... and driving 3100 miles/5000 km per week. Sigh.

Anyway, my plan was to document the process, maybe a script or two. I think I've kept people waiting long enough. So here's a quick-and-dirty how to monitor the log:

Code:
    adb logcat -b radio *:V | find /i "lock" | find /v /i "wakelock"
    The above runs logcat looking at the radio log, showing all entries, finds the word "lock", then filters out "wakelock" as there's tons of those.
    (above from memory; I'm trying to get *some* sleep tonight.)

Basically, I used the 910K cable to flash the Euro KDZ using LG FlashTool and a modified LGExtract script (don't delete the FLS file, as sometimes it appears to be necessary). I then installed the V20D radio in the inverted recovery. I muddled through the inverted screen to enable debugging, enable touches, create an APN, and enable cellular data (this took a LONG time, and MUCH patience!). I then typed the above logcat command into a DOS box and watched and waited. When I saw log entries that suggested that the BL unlock had occurred (took about 45 min), I hit CTRL-C, then issued the oem-unlock command. With success. :)

Then, I installed an unlocked-BL recovery, fixed the touch etc., and installed NamelessROM. It's been great. :good:

For reference: This is a NAM-unlocked phone, NOT on the T-Mobile network. It contains a Bell Canada SIM, and was roaming in the USA on AT&T during the unlock. I enabled WiFi for a few minutes after the unlock logging appeared, but I don't think it was necessary. I say all this, to answer the questions before they're asked. I'm pretty sure that as long as a valid cellular connection is established, the unlock will occur.

Hope this helps in the short term. I'm off to bed. Good luck, all.
    Just starting a new forum to see how many people have done this successfully and to gather details. This is a topic that I am forwarding from Optimus L9 P760, P765, P768, P769 General > [GUIDE/TOOL] Unlocking Bootloader & Recovery ; this discussion is cable specific. I have found the LG 910K USB flash cable online for $25.00, and it seems as if this could be our saving grace to unlocking the bootloader as it allows more data to transfer than the standard micro USB when the KDZ is flashed. This could be the key that will open the bootloader's "door". I am eager to hear if anyone has tried this with success, and have already read a post or two to that respect. (I want CM11!!!):laugh:
    I don't even want to sell my L9 on Craigslist. I wouldn't want to inflict this phone on anyone else. I DO have a conscience.

It makes for a decent alarm clock, at least.
    Bootloader successfully unlocked :D

I basically flashed using LGFlashTool the Euro V20B ROM, waited 45min, and did the magic command.

I will write up a tutorial detailing how I unlocked. in the meantime, I'm going to try out KitKat 4.4.4.