Camera failed warning

27th April 2014, 10:23 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

37 posts
Just to let you all know who are curious as to who is experiencing this fault, i have just recieved the dreaded warning. got my phone 3 days ago from carphone warehouse in plymouth uk, unlocked. seems a pretty widespread fault. mass recall????
28th April 2014, 01:15 AM   |  #2  
Flag sOmE WhErE
Thanks Meter: 90

382 posts
More
yes, if u read around is a hardware problem with limited S5, only fix atm is replace it.
28th April 2014, 06:31 AM   |  #3  
Flag Ogre
Thanks Meter: 19

237 posts
More
Any info on which models you can get this problem?

I had similar error yesterday untill I rebooted my phone. Thought its problem with ART...
29th April 2014, 12:28 AM   |  #4  
Flag sOmE WhErE
Thanks Meter: 90

382 posts
More
no, but i think it mostly from US Verizon.
29th April 2014, 04:53 PM   |  #5  
Flag Edinburgh
Thanks Meter: 73

538 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiflerlv

Any info on which models you can get this problem?

I had similar error yesterday untill I rebooted my phone. Thought its problem with ART...

I'm on the G900F and occasionally get the camera failed warning. A reboot always fixes it.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app
30th April 2014, 09:57 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 24

132 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plymptonpilgreen

Just to let you all know who are curious as to who is experiencing this fault, i have just recieved the dreaded warning. got my phone 3 days ago from carphone warehouse in plymouth uk, unlocked. seems a pretty widespread fault. mass recall????

Make sure you not set the phone in save model.
If you use the Go Flash Light App, unload it
If it still not work, you'd better send it to Samsung center for change.
Or you can try to boot the phone.
20th June 2014, 07:17 PM   |  #7  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 23

145 posts
More
I had "Warning Camera Failed" problem on my SM-G900SW (S5 in Canada), along with some other weird problems.

After reading an announcement from Samsung that the problem is ROM related download the stack image for my device/provider from Samfirmware and re-flashed the phone.

The problem went away, and so did some other issues.

This is definitely a software issue IMO.
21st June 2014, 12:39 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 13

107 posts
I've read that it only happens to US version of the phone when the user installs another camera app.
23rd June 2014, 04:34 PM   |  #9  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 23

145 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daoom

I had "Warning Camera Failed" problem on my SM-G900SW (S5 in Canada), along with some other weird problems.

After reading an announcement from Samsung that the problem is ROM related download the stack image for my device/provider from Samfirmware and re-flashed the phone.

The problem went away, and so did some other issues.

This is definitely a software issue IMO.

To add to this, after I flashed the stock firmware everything was fine for a few days until suddenly I was unable to turn on Bluetooth. So the camera still worked, but bluetooth stopped working.

I took the phone back to the store, showed them the problem and exchanged. In the process of exchanging it I did a factory reset to remove personal data. When the reset was done, I turned it on to make sure my accounts were gone, and lo and behold the camera and bluetooth worked again.

I still went through with the exchange since this does seem like a problem related to the storage memory becoming corrupted after a bit of use.

I've had the new one for 3 days, and so far no problems.

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopat

I've read that it only happens to US version of the phone when the user installs another camera app.

Seeing as I'm Canadian, nope.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread