Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,095 Members 40,769 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Ant+ support or not ?

Tip us?

nlz242
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Default [Q] Ant+ support or not ?

Does the G3 support Ant+ ?
I'm having mixed results with my searches... I found a few review saying it does, automated "versus" sites says the S5 has Ant+ support but the G3 doesn't... I don't see Ant+ on LG's website and the G3 isn't in the Ant+ Product directory (http://www.thisisant.com/directory/filter/~/60/~/)
I've even seen someone somehwere say that any device that has Android 4.3 is Ant+ compatible, but i doubt that because im running 4.4 (CyanogenMod) on my current S3 and it doesn't have Ant+ ... but then, maybe this is just an AOSP license-quirk kinda deal...

I'm really interested in the G3 but i'd really like to be able to connect all my bike's devices to it (which i can't do on my S3). One of these devices is a powermeter and it's too expensive to replace for a Bluetooth one (and there aren't any Bluetooth compatible head-unit for the bike, that i'd like to use).

Right now, there are 3 phones that interest me, in this specific order : LG G3 > Sony Xperia Z2 > Galaxy S5 (fugly)
If the G3 does Ant+, its the one i'm getting! Please help me figure it out! hehe

Pilz
Old
Thanks Meter 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlz242 View Post
Does the G3 support Ant+ ?
I'm having mixed results with my searches... I found a few review saying it does, automated "versus" sites says the S5 has Ant+ support but the G3 doesn't... I don't see Ant+ on LG's website and the G3 isn't in the Ant+ Product directory (http://www.thisisant.com/directory/filter/~/60/~/)
I've even seen someone somehwere say that any device that has Android 4.3 is Ant+ compatible, but i doubt that because im running 4.4 (CyanogenMod) on my current S3 and it doesn't have Ant+ ... but then, maybe this is just an AOSP license-quirk kinda deal...

I'm really interested in the G3 but i'd really like to be able to connect all my bike's devices to it (which i can't do on my S3). One of these devices is a powermeter and it's too expensive to replace for a Bluetooth one (and there aren't any Bluetooth compatible head-unit for the bike, that i'd like to use).

Right now, there are 3 phones that interest me, in this specific order : LG G3 > Sony Xperia Z2 > Galaxy S5 (fugly)
If the G3 does Ant+, its the one i'm getting! Please help me figure it out! hehe
I just checked though all of the system app files, and it's not there.

zevth
Old
Thanks Meter 1
No it definitely does not support it. I just installed the Ant+ plugins and radio service and it says i need to have built in hardware or an external dongle to use it.