Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,126 Members 42,695 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tablet Over heating

Tip us?

Mr_Jay_jay
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 98

DONATE TO ME
Exclamation Tablet Over heating

Hey Guys I'm just wondering is anyone else has encounter this issue, I play Call of Duty Zombies and Batman The Dark Night Rises and after maybe an hour or so My tablet really gets hot.. is this normal? I'm currently using PA with Trinity Kernel. but I had the same issue with other AOSP Roms...Carbon, and CM.... any info is appreciated!!
Current Device: The Awesome Samsung Galaxy S4
Rom: all of them
Old devices: Samsung Galaxy S3
Sprint Epic 4G-Gave it away
Samsung Intercept Hard Bricked !

c1oud
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Jay_jay View Post
Hey Guys I'm just wondering is anyone else has encounter this issue, I play Call of Duty Zombies and Batman The Dark Night Rises and after maybe an hour or so My tablet really gets hot.. is this normal? I'm currently using PA with Trinity Kernel. but I had the same issue with other AOSP Roms...Carbon, and CM.... any info is appreciated!!
It is normal. My tablet gets hot only by browsing online.. All nexus 10 are getting easily warm. The problem is if the tablet reboots often for that reason. So, don't worry it is normal.
The Following User Says Thank You to c1oud For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mr_Jay_jay
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 98

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by c1oud View Post
It is normal. My tablet gets hot only by browsing online.. All nexus 10 are getting easily warm. The problem is if the tablet reboots often for that reason. So, don't worry it is normal.
May be I should've said Real Hot... I mean. I don't get any reboots from it but it does feel Way above just warm.... Maybe I'll Download a CPU app to watch the temperature and the post a screen shot..
Current Device: The Awesome Samsung Galaxy S4
Rom: all of them
Old devices: Samsung Galaxy S3
Sprint Epic 4G-Gave it away
Samsung Intercept Hard Bricked !

c1oud
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
May be I should've said Real Hot... I mean. I don't get any reboots from it but it does feel Way above just warm.... Maybe I'll Download a CPU app to watch the temperature and the post a screen shot..
My tablet gets hot enough when browsing the internet.. I think that if i try a game, the tablet may explode :P.. So i think it is normal. But to be sure check the temperatures..

Rirere
Old
Thanks Meter 261
Quote:
Try to stay in one of the other million threads on heat issues: it's not "overheating" unless the device goes beyond operating parameters and shuts down/reboots anyway. "Warm" is pretty subjective, but the hard limits that the CPU has built in definitely aren't.

Slevin911
Old
Thanks Meter 0
My tablet gets hot while playing games or browsing but never a reboot so I think it's normal.

CWalkop
Old
Thanks Meter 31
It gets hot mainly at the top-left for me, which I'm assuming where the SoC is located. Not too bad if you're holding it normally.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Running stock 4.3 on a fantastic Google Galaxy Nexus.
Also running stock 4.3 on that good ol' Nexus 10! No build issues.
Eagerly awaiting Key Lime Pie (or whatever the dessert it'll be)!

Previously owned:
Galaxy S (CyanogenMod,4.1)
Transformer TF101 (4.0)
Transformer TF300T (CyanogenMod, 4.2)

Android forever!

LittleAndroidHacker
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Plug Just Simple Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_jay_jay View Post
hey guys i'm just wondering is anyone else has encounter this issue, i play call of duty zombies and batman the dark night rises and after maybe an hour or so my tablet really gets hot.. Is this normal? I'm currently using pa with trinity kernel. But i had the same issue with other aosp roms...carbon, and cm.... Any info is appreciated!!
dont play strong games with max brightness

striker59
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Mine gets hot only when watching Vimeo videos, I'm not a gamer.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Free mobile app