Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] M8 3.16 HBOOT S-Off

OP rowrz

21st May 2014, 06:54 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

2 posts
I just bought a HTC One M8 from T-Mobile, that incidentally came with an older HBoot.

I was promoted with an OTA updated & an ignoramus like me was accepted the 3.16 OTA & now I cannot achieve S-OFF!

Whats the verdict? Do I need to wait until a new exploit comes out for 3.16? Is there an exploit already available (thats not firewater) but I just haven't searched deep enough?

I've unlocked my bootloader so no use in trying to return the phone now, any replies/information is much appreciated!
The Following User Says Thank You to rowrz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th June 2014, 12:14 AM   |  #2  

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowrz

I just bought a HTC One M8 from T-Mobile, that incidentally came with an older HBoot.

I was promoted with an OTA updated & an ignoramus like me was accepted the 3.16 OTA & now I cannot achieve S-OFF!

Whats the verdict? Do I need to wait until a new exploit comes out for 3.16? Is there an exploit already available (thats not firewater) but I just haven't searched deep enough?

I've unlocked my bootloader so no use in trying to return the phone now, any replies/information is much appreciated!

I am also having this issue. updated on day one not knowing it Patched the S-Off. any new updates would helpful.
16th June 2014, 11:47 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 22

108 posts
More
I have the 3.16 hboot, and I had no problem getting s-off using this method:
http://firewater-soff.com/

I did not accept the ota update though.
23rd June 2014, 10:26 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowrz

theroot.ninja $25 but worth it, works with anyone who updated OTA
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread