Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,941 Members 38,312 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] M8 3.16 HBOOT S-Off

Tip us?

rowrz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] M8 3.16 HBOOT S-Off

I just bought a HTC One M8 from T-Mobile, that incidentally came with an older HBoot.

I was promoted with an OTA updated & an ignoramus like me was accepted the 3.16 OTA & now I cannot achieve S-OFF!

Whats the verdict? Do I need to wait until a new exploit comes out for 3.16? Is there an exploit already available (thats not firewater) but I just haven't searched deep enough?

I've unlocked my bootloader so no use in trying to return the phone now, any replies/information is much appreciated!
The Following User Says Thank You to rowrz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mondodiaz
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowrz View Post
I just bought a HTC One M8 from T-Mobile, that incidentally came with an older HBoot.

I was promoted with an OTA updated & an ignoramus like me was accepted the 3.16 OTA & now I cannot achieve S-OFF!

Whats the verdict? Do I need to wait until a new exploit comes out for 3.16? Is there an exploit already available (thats not firewater) but I just haven't searched deep enough?

I've unlocked my bootloader so no use in trying to return the phone now, any replies/information is much appreciated!
I am also having this issue. updated on day one not knowing it Patched the S-Off. any new updates would helpful.

Random667
Old
Thanks Meter 22
I have the 3.16 hboot, and I had no problem getting s-off using this method:
http://firewater-soff.com/

I did not accept the ota update though.

rowrz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowrz View Post

theroot.ninja $25 but worth it, works with anyone who updated OTA