Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,290 Members 46,645 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Note 3 adapt sound

Tip us?

oyevinod
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] Note 3 adapt sound

I have been using my note 3 for the past few days (s800). There is a feature called adapt sound in the audio settings. Once set up the audio is vastly improved on the stock music player compared to 3rd party ones. I tried power amp, double twist, winamp. None of them come close to the extra detail produced by the stock player. Has anyone noticed this? My mp3s are 320 at 44khz.

Further is it worth converting them to 24 bit, 192khz.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to oyevinod For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SquirtingCherry
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by oyevinod View Post
I have been using my note 3 for the past few days (s800). There is a feature called adapt sound in the audio settings. Once set up the audio is vastly improved on the stock music player compared to 3rd party ones. I tried power amp, double twist, winamp. None of them come close to the extra detail produced by the stock player. Has anyone noticed this? My mp3s are 320 at 44khz.

Further is it worth converting them to 24 bit, 192khz.
You mean playing trough headphones or the phone speaker?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

mab71
Old
Thanks Meter 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirtingCherry View Post

Earphones only

mix1987
Old
Thanks Meter 35
I agree. I think Samsung has done well to implement this feature. So far as I know, no smartphone manufacturer cares to customise the sound output to the individual user. I am so rooted to Samsung phones now that I can almost totally neglect the asthetics and only focus on the features. But why no FM?!?!?! That will make a perfect phone. Lol.

weirdingway
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by mix1987 View Post
I agree. I think Samsung has done well to implement this feature. So far as I know, no smartphone manufacturer cares to customise the sound output to the individual user. I am so rooted to Samsung phones now that I can almost totally neglect the asthetics and only focus on the features. But why no FM?!?!?! That will make a perfect phone. Lol.
Because radio is dead.

oyevinod
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirtingCherry View Post
Well, you can configure only using a decent pair of headphones as the process is quite personalized.

oyevinod
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mix1987 View Post
Well, to be honest, the build quality of the GN3 is really good. Played with Htc one, Ipone 5. There is nothing that stands out among them except the initial wow factor which is certainly there with the GN3 textured back and overshadowed by the awesome screen.

erectim
Old
Thanks Meter 0
That feature was included on the S4 too it seems, and I have no idea why they didn't advertise it at all, sounds awesome. Can't wait to try it out with my Shure SE535s.

DustinKimble
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Seems that adapt sounds creates a customized eq for only the stock music player (there is a whole article on phone arena, Google it) based on your hearing and your headphones. Does the stock music player play flac? I hope so. As for converting your music, its only going to be as good as your source, upscaling won't do anything, maybe add a tiny bit of depth, but it won't be worth the space lost increasing the file size. If your looking for a way to get the most from ripping music directly from CDs, I'd look into flac, or ogg, or if your stuck with mp3 format, the highest quality without making the file size outrageous. Also, if you looking for quality music, get you a pair of good headphones (don't forget to redo adept sound, as it tunes specifically for the headphones you do it with)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

oyevinod
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinKimble View Post
Seems that adapt sounds creates a customized eq for only the stock music player (there is a whole article on phone arena, Google it) based on your hearing and your headphones. Does the stock music player play flac? I hope so. As for converting your music, its only going to be as good as your source, upscaling won't do anything, maybe add a tiny bit of depth, but it won't be worth the space lost increasing the file size. If your looking for a way to get the most from ripping music directly from CDs, I'd look into flac, or ogg, or if your stuck with mp3 format, the highest quality without making the file size outrageous. Also, if you looking for quality music, get you a pair of good headphones (don't forget to redo adept sound, as it tunes specifically for the headphones you do it with)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Thanks for the link. It seems only the stock player can make use of this. Was trying the stock player and poweramp for a couple of hours trying to figure out how to decide which player to use. (had the paid version of the poweramp and didn't want to lose its customisation and looks). Ended up using the Stock as the sound quality is clearly different and for the better. Will be using mp3s mostly at 320 kbps. As you mentioned the quality is pretty good at this bit rate. The file sizes range 10-15mb per song at most.

Use ATH-M50s for audio. and plan on using the N3 a lot as an Mp3 player