FORUMS

Top Forum Discussions

MJ5 4.3

1,654 posts
Thanks Meter: 142
 
By Jess813, Senior Member on 23rd June 2014, 10:54 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I am rooted is there any thing special I need to do before flashing a rom ? I keep hearing this safe strap ...just want to play it safe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
 
 
23rd June 2014, 10:56 PM |#2  
N8tastic's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Park Hills
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
Safestrap is amazing I completely recommend it.

Sent from my SM-G900A using Tapatalk
23rd June 2014, 10:56 PM |#3  
Jess813's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 142
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8tastic

Safestrap is amazing I completely recommend it.

Sent from my SM-G900A using Tapatalk

ok is that a requirement? school me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
23rd June 2014, 11:36 PM |#4  
andygev35's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 127
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess813

ok is that a requirement? school me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Since you're on MJ5, your bootloader is locked. The ONLY way to install a custom rom is to use safestrap. You'll need Safestrap-HLTEATT-3.71.apk.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using TapatalkŪ
23rd June 2014, 11:44 PM |#5  
Jess813's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 142
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andygev35

Since you're on MJ5, your bootloader is locked. The ONLY way to install a custom rom is to use safestrap. You'll need Safestrap-HLTEATT-3.71.apk.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using TapatalkŪ

noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
23rd June 2014, 11:47 PM |#6  
andygev35's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 127
 
Donate to Me
More
There are several good 4.3 roms available, and safestrap is a very, well.., safe way to flash roms. No custom kernels or CyanogenMod though.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using TapatalkŪ
24th June 2014, 03:41 AM |#7  
Jess813's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 142
 
More
Thank you guys but I am used to more freedom aka Unlocked bootloader ,that's crazy though that the ATT version is as strict as big red

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes