Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,700 Members 42,898 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HELP!!!

Tip us?
 
mclerenef1
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 12
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: bangalore
Question [Q] HELP!!!

i had rooted the defy+ & installed cm7(i think because it had been a long time ago) for my friend
my friend did a reset on the phone since it was slowing down...
i think it has bricked...
because it doesn't turn on also
he got it checked at the service center, they said they have to change its motherboard
i doubt that....
i think the battery is dead too
will it charge even if the phone is bricked???
now how do i restore the phone back to stock????
any kind of suggestions will be appreciated
 
thekguy
Old
#2  
thekguy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 247
Posts: 833
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mumbai
Use the Motorola factory cable guide to make the cable which should get you to the boot loader if your motherboard is fine

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
+-+-+-+ -+-+-+ +-+- + +-+-+- + -+-+-+-+-+-+-
| C | M | 1 | 1 | . | 0 | | b | y | | Q | u | a | r | x |
+-+-+-+- +-+-+ +-+- + +-+-+- +- +-+-+-+-+-+-

Don't forget to click the thanks button if I helped you

The Following User Says Thank You to thekguy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
mclerenef1
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 12
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: bangalore
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekguy View Post
Use the Motorola factory cable guide to make the cable which should get you to the boot loader if your motherboard is fine

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Pressing the power & volume down button wil take me to the bootloader right?
nothing seems to happen
the screen doesn't lit up also
 
DaFROG526
Old
(Last edited by DaFROG526; 12th June 2014 at 11:53 PM.)
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclerenef1 View Post
Pressing the power & volume down button wil take me to the bootloader right?
nothing seems to happen
the screen doesn't lit up also
it's turn off (take the battery out if it's getting stuck at boot to make sure) then hold down power and vol UP to get to the boot loader
The Following User Says Thank You to DaFROG526 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
thekguy
Old
#5  
thekguy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 247
Posts: 833
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mumbai
If you get no response with factory cable, your device may be hard bricked

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
+-+-+-+ -+-+-+ +-+- + +-+-+- + -+-+-+-+-+-+-
| C | M | 1 | 1 | . | 0 | | b | y | | Q | u | a | r | x |
+-+-+-+- +-+-+ +-+- + +-+-+- +- +-+-+-+-+-+-

Don't forget to click the thanks button if I helped you

The Following User Says Thank You to thekguy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
sevenrock
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 689
Posts: 355
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclerenef1 View Post
i think the battery is dead too
will it charge even if the phone is bricked???
Try the McGyver method from here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1828639
Motorola Defy+ MB526 - BL7
The Following User Says Thank You to sevenrock For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
mclerenef1
Old
(Last edited by mclerenef1; 13th June 2014 at 12:54 PM.) Reason: battery charging
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 12
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: bangalore
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekguy View Post
Use the Motorola factory cable guide to make the cable which should get you to the boot loader if your motherboard is fine

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
could u please explain it???
i have asked my friend to get the cable
is there a link that you can post??

EDIT: battery is charging via usb now
THANKS to @sevenrock
 
mclerenef1
Old
#8  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 12
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: bangalore
is it possible that the bootloader could be deleted???
because i was goin through some threads
twrp erased the internal storage along with the bootloader
thats what he claims...
just curious...
is dat possible?
btw i left the phone overnight connected(not the original moto cable, used sony cable) to my macbook pro(running win 8.1)
still the same
in rsd lite nothing shows up even after pressing down power+volume up
 
DiegoxG
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 43
Posts: 100
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Bogota
The McGyver method is very dangerous I would have sugested you not to use it because in my case I will never have the possibility of charging my phone via usb cable but with an universal charger and it can't be reverted so you are warned now,



Are you sure your battery is now charged to enter bootloader? It can't be erased, if not, then charge your battery with an universal charger then try to enter bootloader

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to DiegoxG For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
mclerenef1
Old
#10  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 12
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: bangalore
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiegoxG View Post
The McGyver method is very dangerous I would have sugested you not to use it because in my case I will never have the possibility of charging my phone via usb cable but with an universal charger and it can't be reverted so you are warned now,



Are you sure your battery is now charged to enter bootloader? It can't be erased, if not, then charge your battery with an universal charger then try to enter bootloader

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk
If that's the case them I will ask him to buy those external chargers or check if his friends have the same phone
& get the battery charged

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes