Sony Xperia Z3 Lollipop Framework Ported to CM12

Android 5.0 for Xperia has a unique look and feel. You don’t have to get a Sony … more

Do You Use Recents as a Task Switcher?

Google introduced a revamped Recents interface with Lollipop in the hopes of making it easier for … more

YU Yureka All-in-One ToolBox (CM12S Only)

This packed toolbox by XDA Senior Member gohel.vishal makes many useful tweaks … more

Sony Xperia Z4 Forum Now Available

Sony’s Xperia line has seen plenty of development on XDA, and now that the Xperia Z4 has been … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

POP Email using 2gig in 20 days

25th June 2014, 04:12 AM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 46
 
159 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
My wife is using the touchwiz email app with a pop server and ssl enabled. Data usage has been through the roof. Under Settings it shows that she's used 2gig in the last 20 days for email alone.

I called T-Mobile and they tried to convince me this was normal and tried to put me on an unlimited plan. Wouldn't acknowledge that 2gig + per month is excessive for email.

Anyone have any idea what might be going on?
 
 
25th June 2014, 04:23 AM |#2  
jjlean's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Colorado Springs, CO
Thanks Meter: 108
 
1,066 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppgregory

My wife is using the touchwiz email app with a pop server and ssl enabled. Data usage has been through the roof. Under Settings it shows that she's used 2gig in the last 20 days for email alone.

I called T-Mobile and they tried to convince me this was normal and tried to put me on an unlimited plan. Wouldn't acknowledge that 2gig + per month is excessive for email.

Anyone have any idea what might be going on?

Did she download big attachments? Also, maybe think about turning the retrieval interval down. My email. NEVER uses anything close to that.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app
25th June 2014, 04:43 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 46
 
159 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjlean

Did she download big attachments? Also, maybe think about turning the retrieval interval down. My email. NEVER uses anything close to that.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app

No big attachments. Its been consistently around 100mb give or take 20mb daily. She upgraded from the S3. I still have the phone and saw that she would use 65mb or so a month for email. Email settings on both are the same. Both set to check for email every 30minutes.

I just deleted the account and reinstalled to see if it makes a difference.
25th June 2014, 07:00 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 112
 
988 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppgregory

No big attachments. Its been consistently around 100mb give or take 20mb daily. She upgraded from the S3. I still have the phone and saw that she would use 65mb or so a month for email. Email settings on both are the same. Both set to check for email every 30minutes.

I just deleted the account and reinstalled to see if it makes a difference.

That should fix it.
What usually causes the problem is something gets stuck sending a message and will eat through data very fast.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes