Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

POP Email using 2gig in 20 days

OP ppgregory

25th June 2014, 04:12 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31

120 posts
My wife is using the touchwiz email app with a pop server and ssl enabled. Data usage has been through the roof. Under Settings it shows that she's used 2gig in the last 20 days for email alone.

I called T-Mobile and they tried to convince me this was normal and tried to put me on an unlimited plan. Wouldn't acknowledge that 2gig + per month is excessive for email.

Anyone have any idea what might be going on?
25th June 2014, 04:23 AM   |  #2  
Flag Colorado Springs, CO
Thanks Meter: 106

1,061 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppgregory

My wife is using the touchwiz email app with a pop server and ssl enabled. Data usage has been through the roof. Under Settings it shows that she's used 2gig in the last 20 days for email alone.

I called T-Mobile and they tried to convince me this was normal and tried to put me on an unlimited plan. Wouldn't acknowledge that 2gig + per month is excessive for email.

Anyone have any idea what might be going on?

Did she download big attachments? Also, maybe think about turning the retrieval interval down. My email. NEVER uses anything close to that.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app
25th June 2014, 04:43 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31

120 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjlean

Did she download big attachments? Also, maybe think about turning the retrieval interval down. My email. NEVER uses anything close to that.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app

No big attachments. Its been consistently around 100mb give or take 20mb daily. She upgraded from the S3. I still have the phone and saw that she would use 65mb or so a month for email. Email settings on both are the same. Both set to check for email every 30minutes.

I just deleted the account and reinstalled to see if it makes a difference.
25th June 2014, 07:00 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 96

870 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppgregory

No big attachments. Its been consistently around 100mb give or take 20mb daily. She upgraded from the S3. I still have the phone and saw that she would use 65mb or so a month for email. Email settings on both are the same. Both set to check for email every 30minutes.

I just deleted the account and reinstalled to see if it makes a difference.

That should fix it.
What usually causes the problem is something gets stuck sending a message and will eat through data very fast.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread