Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

YU Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] New to rooting: Vanilla Android?

OP PallorAbsentis

29th June 2014, 01:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
So I'm very new to rooting devices. I have a t mobile galaxy s5, and I want to run vanilla android on it. Preferably, I would also like to be able to download the developer version of android L, and then the full version when it releases straight from google. I have a guide to auto root this phone. I want to be able to back it up so I can reload touchwiz if something goes wrong. I may have to turn this phone into t mobile at some point, so this is crucial. I also would like to carry over my phones contacts with me into the vanilla build. Can anyone assist me? Sorry for my ignorance; I'm trying to learn. Thanks for your time.
29th June 2014, 01:49 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 4,467

6,920 posts
Donate to Me
More
I think you're out of your league.. for this to happen, you would need to get the Google source for android l then you would need the kernel source for android l for our devices (which doesn't exist, yet). I think if you really want android l you would need a Google device. You could also wait till cyanogen comes out with an android l version.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
29th June 2014, 04:34 AM   |  #3  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 931

3,139 posts
More
Wow if we could do this it would be amazing. Really. Sadly we can't do anything close to this...sorry to dissapoint you.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread