Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,359 Members 39,726 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unlock the Tmobile S5 with region lock away?

Tip us?

TechSoft
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Angry Unlock the Tmobile S5 with region lock away?

Has anyone tried this yet or other free methods to unlock this device.
Please feel free to post them here

serialtoon
Old
Thanks Meter 80

DONATE TO ME
THIS!
If i helped in any capacity, hit that THANKS button

rambo8987
Old
Thanks Meter 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechSoft View Post
Yes it works fine

Sent from my SM-G900T using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to rambo8987 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Papas_Con_Chile
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Region Unlock didnt Work for me, it still Asking for the unlock code

dawgboy1783
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Not sure but does the status that says network unblock in the service menu mean my SM-G900T sim unlocked?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1397572754631.jpg
Views:	1192
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	2687877  

jawmail
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgboy1783 View Post
Not sure but does the status that says network unblock in the service menu mean my SM-G900T sim unlocked?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I don't know but mine says the same thing, would like to know too.

oldblue910
Old
Recognized Contributor / Archivist-in-Chief
Thanks Meter 2,215

DONATE TO ME
The SM-G900T is definitely SIM locked. I ended up just buying the unlock code from CellUnlocker.net and amazingly they were able to get the code on launch day. Yeah, it costs money, but they came through with the code.

Also, lucky for me, since I guess I was one of the first to buy a code for the G900T, I got an email from them saying that they were looking for footage of people unlocking their GS5s, and if I could provide a video showing the full unlock process, entering the code, and activation on another network, they'd refund the purchase price. I don't know if they're still offering that, but I took advantage of it and I did indeed get my full purchase price refunded, so in effect I got my code for free.
Every OTA update for every Nexus and Google Experience device since the Motorola Droid at http://www.randomphantasmagoria.com/firmware.

LG G3 (LG-LS990 / Sprint) :: LS990ZV4 (Android 4.4.2 / KVT49L)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 (SM-T337A / AT&T) :: T337AUCU1ANF4 (Android 4.4.2 / KOT49H)
Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 (SM-P907A / AT&T) :: P907AUCU1AND7 (Android 4.4.2 / KOT49H)

philow
Old
Thanks Meter 86

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldblue910 View Post
The SM-G900T is definitely SIM locked. I ended up just buying the unlock code from CellUnlocker.net and amazingly they were able to get the code on launch day. Yeah, it costs money, but they came through with the code.

Also, lucky for me, since I guess I was one of the first to buy a code for the G900T, I got an email from them saying that they were looking for footage of people unlocking their GS5s, and if I could provide a video showing the full unlock process, entering the code, and activation on another network, they'd refund the purchase price. I don't know if they're still offering that, but I took advantage of it and I did indeed get my full purchase price refunded, so in effect I got my code for free.
I just tested as well and it asks for an unlock code if you put in a SIM that is not T-Mobile.
Current:
Samsung Galaxy S 5 SM-G900T
Unrooted Stock for now
Installed Google Experience Launcher

Asus Transformer Infinity TF700T
CM11
GRIMLOCK kernel

HTC Thunderbolt (Work Phone)

Asus Transformer Prime TF201 (LOST)
CM11 Nightly for TF300T
4.2.1 bootloader from Androwook 2.31
GRIMLOCK Kerne 2.2RC for TF201l OC'd to 1.7Ghz

dawgboy1783
Old
(Last edited by dawgboy1783; 16th April 2014 at 11:48 AM.)
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by philow View Post
I just tested as well and it asks for an unlock code if you put in a SIM that is not T-Mobile.
Thanks philow for making this clear didn't have a sim to try from another carrier.

:thumbup:

chivamex10
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechSoft View Post
where's the tutorial on how to do this??
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldblue910 View Post

how much did you pay?

I want to unlock this phone so i can sell it and buy the M8 instead. lol
Nokia 6061-> Samsung A737 -> iPhone 3G -> iPhone 4 -> Motorola Atrix-> Samsung Skyrocket -> iPhone 4s -> Nokia Lumia 900 -> HTC One X -> Samsung Galaxy SIII->iPhone 5-> Samsung Galaxy Note 2 -> Nokia Lumia 920 -> HTC One->iPhone 5s->Nexus Cinco-> Samsung Galaxy SV->HTC One M8->LG G3