Originally Posted by blueether
You should be able to just flash PA from jackie's kernel without issue. Note though that PA probably comes with CWM not twrp (but I'm not sure) so make sure that if you have a backup made in TWRP also do one in CWM.
The zip for the ROM will contain its own kernel and recovery
Thank you, So no foreseeable issue will arise after using flash tools to load PA and Gapps in the same fashion as the PA guide without any further alteration to anything am I correct ?
Also Steps 2-4 in the PA guide confuse me especially after many people admit to not even doing them, Are they unnecessary
1. POWER OFF THE PHONE
2. HOLD VOL+ AND PLUG USB TO BOOT INTO FASTBOOT (BLUE LED)
3. fastboot flash boot boot.img (from aospa/cm11 zip)
4. fastboot reboot
5. ENTER RECOVERY, on boot led will be violet for 3'', during this period press vol+
6. INSTALL ROM (MIRROR) AND GAPPS
7. FACTORY RESET
8. WIPE CACHE & DALVIK CACHE