Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,576 Members 37,863 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tmobile Galaxy s5 Roms vs General Galaxy 5 Roms

Tip us?

gdmlaz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 284
Default Tmobile Galaxy s5 Roms vs General Galaxy 5 Roms

So Coming from the tmobile Galaxy 4 to the tmobile Galaxy 5 my question is will the s5 be the same as the 4 can we flash Roms from the General Galaxy 5 or only tmobile Roms are compatible ??? I know WIFI Calling won't work since their roms obiously don't have that built in ?? Voice over LTE ??? We will lose this also Correct ??? Will everything else work ? calls/messages/mms/etc etc I'm more than happy with my tmobile Rom at the moment works flawlessly just trying to have this as an information Thread ? for future reference and other people that may be wondering the same thing ????

mahanddeem
Old
Thanks Meter 124
The closest Galaxy S5 to the international one is the T-Mobile version G900T(basically the same device)
It's been said here that you can flash international on this device but you have to keep T-Mobile radio for LTE in the USA.
You'll loose Wi-Fi calling and HD voice for sure because those are not on the international roms.
I hope that helps.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to mahanddeem For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gdmlaz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahanddeem View Post
The closest Galaxy S5 to the international one is the T-Mobile version G900T(basically the same device)
It's been said here that you can flash international on this device but you have to keep T-Mobile radio for LTE in the USA.
You'll loose Wi-Fi calling and HD voice for sure because those are not on the international roms.
I hope that helps.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Kind of like the same thing as the galaxy 4 then VOICE OVER LTE will be lost also correct ???

aooga
Old
Thanks Meter 867
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdmlaz View Post
Kind of like the same thing as the galaxy 4 then VOICE OVER LTE will be lost also correct ???
Yup. Any TMO specific feature will be lost unless the dev has ported it over.