Thread Closed

m7 and lollipop

25th June 2014, 07:22 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag manama
Thanks Meter: 88

251 posts
More
I got confirmation from a trusted source that the m7 and m8 will recieve android L (codename lollipop) 90 days after final code submitted from google
What do you think?
25th June 2014, 07:30 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 83

323 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thealshear

I got confirmation from a trusted source that the m7 and m8 will recieve android L (codename lollipop) 90 days after final code submitted from google
What do you think?

And you know the elevate members don't allowed to share there informations?
25th June 2014, 07:39 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag manama

251 posts
More
Who said anything about elevate blog.htc.com/2014/06/htc-advantage-google-io
The Following User Says Thank You to Thealshear For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th June 2014, 07:43 PM   |  #4  
Flag Hamburg
Thanks Meter: 35

145 posts
More
what was also introduced is that the m7 will get screen mirroring through chromecast! See here

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

HTC Customers and Enthusiasts,

HTC is excited about the new features in Android L release and we canít wait to share them with you. We are committed to updating our flagship HTC One family as fast as possible as part of our HTC Advantage program. We will begin rolling out updates to the HTC One (M8) and HTC One (M7) worldwide within 90 days of receiving final software from Google, followed shortly thereafter by other One family members and select devices. HTC Advantage protects your smartphone investment, ensuring you have the best smartphone experience long after purchase.

This information is from the official HTC Homepage : http://www.htc.com/us/go/htc-software-updates/
25th June 2014, 08:00 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag manama

251 posts
More
That's the #htcadvantage
25th June 2014, 08:39 PM   |  #6  
Flag Ohio
Thanks Meter: 4

311 posts
More
Yup, just saw the announcement on the official HTC Facebook.
Says 90days after the google source is released the M7 will have "L"

Great to see HTC throwing updates like this LAST gen phones.
25th June 2014, 10:01 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 12

81 posts
Does anyone know if google is planning on releasing the L source code for the developer's preview or only the Nexus 5/7 factory images?
25th June 2014, 10:19 PM   |  #8  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 112

417 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goozy

Does anyone know if google is planning on releasing the L source code for the developer's preview or only the Nexus 5/7 factory images?

For what I've observed from Google I/O ,android L developer preview will be initially available only for nexus 5/7..
As this will be a test build only,I don't think Google will release factory images for other devices.. Other nexus devices n gpe might see the light some days later but not any soon
26th June 2014, 03:56 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 415

1,131 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harish_Kumar

For what I've observed from Google I/O ,android L developer preview will be initially available only for nexus 5/7..
As this will be a test build only,I don't think Google will release factory images for other devices.. Other nexus devices n gpe might see the light some days later but not any soon

Wouldn't be surprised if someone ports the dev preview for devices other than the nexus 5/7. We'll just have to wait and see...
26th June 2014, 05:50 AM   |  #10  
Flag bhaktapur
Thanks Meter: 101

137 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickentuna

Wouldn't be surprised if someone ports the dev preview for devices other than the nexus 5/7. We'll just have to wait and see...

I don't think that would happen as porting means copying features of one device to another which are at same android version. So some features might be available but complete rom can hardly be available. Again We have different hardware config from nexus devices so hardware driver won't be available as well.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread