Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,865 Members 50,794 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Help]Google Maps Bugs

Tip us?

rdmay20
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Question [Help]Google Maps Bugs

Has anyone had issues with google maps lately? It will freeze and or close out on its own, both my girlfriend and I are having the same problem.
Using T-mobile s3 full stock rom, never rooted.
Thank you for any help!

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5,614

DONATE TO ME
What firmware build are you on? And have you tried wiping Maps data and uninstalling updates, then reinstalling?

rdmay20
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Android- 4.3
Build- JSS15J.T999UVUENC2

I will let you know how it goes after wiping maps data and uninstalling updates, then reinstalling. need to test it out

Thank you !

rdmay20
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
UPDATE: so yea it still has the same problem, any suggestions? thanks

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5,614

DONATE TO ME
You could try factory resetting, but this will wipe all your apps and data, including your internal sd card. Not being rooted makes backing up anything other than the sd pretty much impossible though so you'd have to reinstall and setup everything from scratch.
Its possible it could be an issue with the app itself, but ive not heard anything else about it so I cant say how likely this is.

Only ither option I can think of is to make sure auto update apps is off in the play store, then uninstall the maps update and try running the older version.

rdmay20
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
alright thank you, I think im going to go ahead and root it and put a custom rom

rdmay20
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77 View Post
You could try factory resetting, but this will wipe all your apps and data, including your internal sd card. Not being rooted makes backing up anything other than the sd pretty much impossible though so you'd have to reinstall and setup everything from scratch.
Its possible it could be an issue with the app itself, but ive not heard anything else about it so I cant say how likely this is.

Only ither option I can think of is to make sure auto update apps is off in the play store, then uninstall the maps update and try running the older version.
So I rooted my phone and installed the SlimKat rom and still have the same problem, it seems after about 40 minutes of navigation Maps just closes out, no errors

RavenWulf
Old
Thanks Meter 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdmay20 View Post
So I rooted my phone and installed the SlimKat rom and still have the same problem, it seems after about 40 minutes of navigation Maps just closes out, no errors
It's an issue with Maps. It has been happening since 8.0 on my Nexus 5 and 7, wife's S3, buddy's Nexus 4 and 7, and his dad's HTC One (M8).
Mine
Nexus 5
Nexus 7

The House Boss'
Samsung Galaxy SIII SGH-T999
The Following User Says Thank You to RavenWulf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rdmay20
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenWulf View Post
It's an issue with Maps. It has been happening since 8.0 on my Nexus 5 and 7, wife's S3, buddy's Nexus 4 and 7, and his dad's HTC One (M8).
Glad its not just an S3 issue, hopefully google will fix it soon, Thanks for the info!