Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,332 Members 53,222 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Dual Sim Thread - Note 3 n9002

Tip us?

tclocki
Old
(Last edited by tclocki; 2nd May 2014 at 10:57 PM.) Reason: Added useful links, fixed gapps issue?
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 82
Default Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Dual Sim Thread - Note 3 n9002

Ok, since the old thread was plagued with paid roms, and it got archived unfortunately, I'm creating a new thread. Let's keep this healthy and clean so the information we post here wont get removed and will help more people in the long run shall we?

Update: May 3, 2014 - Added fix for Caller ID issue!

Update: May 1, 2014 - Added instructions to turn off Google Account Manager after setting up a Google Account

Update: April 9, 2014 - Added instructions to install super su after flashing new firmware and rooting.

Update: Feb 17, 2014 - Added instructions to turn off Google Bookmarks Sync after setting up a Google Account

Useful links:

How to Install/Flash Google Apps on Galaxy Note 3 N9002:
http://marrkdaviid.com/2013/10/insta.../#.UsRALJYYYuo

** Please note that if you are using windows 7 to root the device using cf autoroot as instructed in the link above, you will encounter an error halfway thru the flashing process. You need to run odin 1.85 as windows xp to remedy this.

** Please note that after rooting and flashing google apps thru cwm, you will still have root access but the super su app may get lost. If that happens, please install super su from the google play store and everything will be back to normal. - thanks bigstuart for pointing that out

To fix the gapps error we see everytime we turn on the sync shortcut from the pulldown notification bar:

After setting up your google account, go to the settings menu and turn off the google bookmarks sync app. This will fix the google services has stopped error message.

To fix the google account dropping out (having to set up your google account again) turn off the google account manager app from the settings menu. Three users have confirmed this has fixed the issue.

BigStuart was able to finally find a way to fix our caller ID issue. Here's how to get it done:

Edit /system/csc/others.xml

change
Code:
Select Code
<CscFeature_RIL_CallerIdMatchingDigit>11</CscFeature_RIL_CallerIdMatchingDigit>
to
Code:
Select Code
<CscFeature_RIL_CallerIdMatchingDigit>-1</CscFeature_RIL_CallerIdMatchingDigit>
and add the following line:

Code:
Select Code
<CscFeature_Contact_EnableDynCallerIdMatchingDigitWithAutoSim>TRUE</CscFeature_Contact_EnableDynCallerIdMatchingDigitWithAutoSim>
I added that line at the end of the file, before the closing </SamsungMobileFeature> tag.

Then reboot the phone and test caller ID

Lastly, enjoy your dual sim flagship device
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9002 Dual Sim - Running on rooted stock ND2 firmware.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to tclocki For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jdorfer
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tclocki View Post
Ok, since the old thread was plagued with paid roms, and it got archived unfortunately, im creating a new thread. Let's keep this healthy and clean so the information we post here wont get removed and will help more people in the long run shall we?
Great idea!

Fritz Thecat
Old
(Last edited by Fritz Thecat; 5th February 2014 at 09:10 AM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Wink Perfect Phone with Dual SIM N9002

A Top Phone from China
Has only Chinese and English Language inside at delivery
comes without Google Playstore and more we miss

- first Root the Phone
- After install a custom Rom , voila

The Best Phone now, without any Problem

I could Help ? Say Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-12-31-14-24-20[1].jpg
Views:	1135
Size:	130.5 KB
ID:	2485621  

Galaxy S II
Galaxy S III I9305
Galaxy S IV I9505
Galaxy GT I8552 Dual Sim
Galaxy Note 3 N9005 Rooted and Omega Rom
Galaxy Note 3 N9002 Dual Sim - Rooted and Custom multilaguage Rom

nagabumbero
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default n9002

thanks for making a new thread... am really interested in the n9002 but having second thoughts that i have to root it and it will have no samsung warranty. can i ask those who are using it now... (will use it if ever in the philippines)
1. once rooted and google play install do one need to root again if you hard reset your unit?
2. does rooting trip knox?
3. is there much chinese bloatware that you cannot delete?
4. problems encountered the unit being released only in china?

Charles C
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Am in philippines, note 3 dual sim. Without root when i tried install google play knox is tripped. I rooted and running google full service now. Excellent phone buy it

Sent from my SM-N9002 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

dabgoo
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Good thinking on this Thread. The archived thread had some links to removing bloatware and dealing with issues like changing CSC. Wish they didn't delete it. Now we have to re-search and save them all over again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagabumbero View Post
thanks for making a new thread... am really interested in the n9002 but having second thoughts that i have to root it and it will have no samsung warranty. can i ask those who are using it now... (will use it if ever in the philippines)
1. once rooted and google play install do one need to root again if you hard reset your unit?
Shouldn't. I have rooted using RDLV and have reset w/o loosing root.

2. does rooting trip knox?
It did on mine. But there seems to be some who have done it without tripping Knox. Check the forum.

3. is there much chinese bloatware that you cannot delete?
[COLOR="rgb(72, 209, 204)"]Once you root you can remove almost everything. Search the forum for a list of prog you can safely delete[/COLOR].

4. problems encountered the unit being released only in china?
[COLOR="rgb(72, 209, 204)"]None really. You can add Google apps, ie Play, Mail, Hangouts, Calendar. If you change the CSC settings, you will be able to set your default search, calender, etc. But read up on how to do that first, you need to back up as it will cause a reboot and loss of data.[/COLOR]

nagabumbero
Old
Thanks Meter 3
[QUOTE=Charles C;49011533]Am in philippines, note 3 dual sim. Without root when i tried install google play knox is tripped. I rooted and running google full service now. Excellent phone buy it

thanks charles where did you get your unit? i am concern about the warranty issue.

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabgoo View Post
Good thinking on this Thread. The archived thread had some links to removing bloatware and dealing with issues like changing CSC. Wish they didn't delete it. Now we have to re-search and save them all over again.
thanks... so same methods with the n9005 root, deleting etc.?

tclocki
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 82
[QUOTE=nagabumbero;49017093]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles C View Post
Am in philippines, note 3 dual sim. Without root when i tried install google play knox is tripped. I rooted and running google full service now. Excellent phone buy it

thanks charles where did you get your unit? i am concern about the warranty issue.

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

thanks... so same methods with the n9005 root, deleting etc.?
Who gives a crap about knox anyway? This is a phone from China, if you will import it to another country, it will not have local warranty. You are not gonna send it to China if ever you need it repaired right? So go ahead and root, flash google apps, and remove all those chinese crapwares.

Im driving right now, but if needed still, i will post a link for a guide on how to do the basics in turning the n9002 to something as close as possible to n9005.

nagabumbero
Old
Thanks Meter 3
[QUOTE=tclocki;49020043]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagabumbero View Post

Who gives a crap about knox anyway? This is a phone from China, if you will import it to another country, it will not have local warranty. You are not gonna send it to China if ever you need it repaired right? So go ahead and root, flash google apps, and remove all those chinese crapwares.

Im driving right now, but if needed still, i will post a link for a guide on how to do the basics in turning the n9002 to something as close as possible to n9005.
pls do sir... don't know a thing re this iam not a android guy have been using iphone since 3gs i really like the dual sim capability of the andriod

tclocki
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 82
[QUOTE=nagabumbero;49021412]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tclocki View Post

pls do sir... don't know a thing re this iam not a android guy have been using iphone since 3gs i really like the dual sim capability of the andriod
We were al ll noobies at one point, so no shame in being one. I myself is learning more about android everyday. Anyway, i have updated the first post with a useful links section. Please just check it out. Enjoy

The Following User Says Thank You to tclocki For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]