Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Cant boot my phone...Custom binary blocked by Reactivation Lock

16th October 2013, 08:00 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 46

331 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hi I have a big problem because since I tried to reboot to install an add-blocker, I can't go into recovery and I can't start my gt-n9005 anymore because following error message comes:

Custom binary blocked by Reactivation Lock.
SECURE FAIL: KERNEL

And when I want to flash something with odin in download mode following error message appears:

SECURE CHECK FAIL: Recovery

Please help me I don't know what to do. Thank's in advanced...
16th October 2013, 08:41 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

331 posts
Donate to Me
More
Could please someone help me?
17th October 2013, 03:02 AM |#3  
Flag São Paulo
Thanks Meter: 30

218 posts
More
Can you boot your phone? If you, can, you can go to settings and uncheck the reactivation lock..after that, you should be able to enter recovery normally.

Regards!
17th October 2013, 03:05 AM |#4  
Flag InFrontOfMyDesktop
Thanks Meter: 108

430 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by empat

Can you boot your phone? If you, can, you can go to settings and uncheck the reactivation lock..after that, you should be able to enter recovery normally.

Regards!

My dear fellow please read the title of the OP , it says that mani1999 is not able to boot his phone !!! That's the major issue...
17th October 2013, 03:08 AM |#5  
Flag São Paulo

218 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketani73

My dear fellow please read the title of the OP , it says that mani1999 is not able to boot his phone !!! That's the major issue...

Sorry, I misread the statement..my bad!

To the OP: what happens when you try to boot? I am asking because I just recovered my device from a similar condition...

Regards, sorry again!
17th October 2013, 03:14 AM |#6  
Flag InFrontOfMyDesktop
Thanks Meter: 108

430 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by empat

Sorry, I misread the statement..my bad!

To the OP: what happens when you try to boot? I am asking because I just recovered my device from a similar condition...

Regards, sorry again!

Apology not needed bro , sometimes such things happen to me as well (we are all humans & subject to making such errors) ....
The Following User Says Thank You to ketani73 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th October 2013, 03:23 AM |#7  
Flag São Paulo

218 posts
More
Maybe a factory reset?

Regards!!
17th October 2013, 04:44 AM |#8  
Flag Johor
Thanks Meter: 1,538

4,416 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mani1999

Hi I have a big problem because since I tried to reboot to install an add-blocker, I can't go into recovery and I can't start my gt-n9005 anymore because following error message comes:

Custom binary blocked by Reactivation Lock.
SECURE FAIL: KERNEL

And when I want to flash something with odin in download mode following error message appears:

SECURE CHECK FAIL: Recovery

Please help me I don't know what to do. Thank's in advanced...

Try flash back your country firmware with correct CSC.

Try this it might help if that is the thing you did before - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...03&postcount=2 scroll down to section mention
Quote:

HELP! I flashed N9005XXUBMJ3_N9005OXABMJ1 and now I am stuck in download mode! What do I do?!
You are mostly going to trip the KNOX Warranty at this point.
Flash this AP N9005XXUBMJ3_N9005OXABMJ1_BTU_RECOVER.tar.md5 (2.05 GB) and this CSC N9005OXABMJ3_CSC.tar.md5 (38.0 MB)

Factory reset won't help, as Reactivation is blocking you if you had use different country CSC and you did it before you un-tick the Reactivation Lock.
Last edited by Andrewtst; 17th October 2013 at 04:47 AM.
17th October 2013, 03:12 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

331 posts
Donate to Me
More
I can't boot my phone and i can't boot recovery...i always get the message "Custom binary blocked by Reactivation Lock. Secure fail: Kernel" with a yellow alert triangle underneath, even if I normally try to boot my phone. And when I than press the power button the phone turns off again.
I tried to flash cwm with odin but that also failed.
So before i go downloading another firmware (i live in a dormatory and only have 10gb internet a month) do you really think that would work?
Last edited by mani1999; 17th October 2013 at 05:21 PM.
17th October 2013, 10:09 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 11

31 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mani1999

I can't boot my phone and i can't boot recovery...i always get the message "Custom binary blocked by Reactivation Lock. Secure fail: Kernel" with a yellow alert triangle underneath, even if I normally try to boot my phone. And when I than press the power button the phone turns off again.
I tried to flash cwm with odin but that also failed.
So before i go downloading another firmware (i live in a dormatory and only have 10gb internet a month) do you really think that would work?

I had this exact problem recently and I booted by going into download mode and then pressing volume up to reboot. Somehow or other that would boot. Powering off and back on would always get that error that you are getting.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rp1790 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread