FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] My Note 3 is Locked at Samsung Account Screen. Plz Help!

67 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By uncanny, Member on 1st October 2013, 08:22 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi Guys, Today I purchased a used Note 3 LTE. Before paying, I checked everything, phone is basically brand new, used 2 hours. Unsurprisingly before handing me the phone, the seller factory reset, so he could erase his data. Now, I came home and I'm stuck on the Samsung Account login screen and it's not giving me any option to skip. It's a UAE version Note3, so I know it's not region locked. I called the seller and he says he does not remember the password. I've used a lot of Android phones and this is new to me. I also factory reset and wipe cache the phone, but no luck!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-10-01 12.08.24.jpg
Views:	4489
Size:	193.7 KB
ID:	2295627  
Last edited by uncanny; 1st October 2013 at 08:31 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to uncanny For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift uncanny Ad-Free

1st October 2013, 08:31 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
The reactivation lock was turned on by the guy that activated 1st u need to ask him to unlock u by giving u is samsung login.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to brunotuga For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift brunotuga Ad-Free
1st October 2013, 08:32 PM |#3  
OP Member

More
What is reactivation lock? I've Galaxy S4 as my daily driver, is this in the settings?
1st October 2013, 08:33 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Yeah so find the guy he stole it from and ask if he wouldn't mind sharing his samsung password.
1st October 2013, 08:34 PM |#5  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpill2016

Yeah so find the guy he stole it from and ask if he wouldn't mind sharing his samsung password.

He seemed like a nice guy and plus he gave me authentic invoice, so I doubt the phone is stolen. How did he manage to lock the phone? He factory reset the phone right in front of me.
1st October 2013, 08:39 PM |#6  

More
Under the setting security there is a reactivation lock option and he turned it on. This requires samsung account to reactivate it after a reset. Is normal account from samsung the one he uses to download apps from the Samsung hub is the one u need.

The Following User Says Thank You to brunotuga For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift brunotuga Ad-Free
1st October 2013, 08:46 PM |#7  

More
That's the option that was activated also need a password for it to be saved as active. Try and contact him again and explain that is the Samsung account.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1380656704757.jpg
Views:	4644
Size:	145.9 KB
ID:	2295679  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brunotuga For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift brunotuga Ad-Free
1st October 2013, 08:51 PM |#8  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunotuga

That's the option that was activated also need a password for it to be saved as active. Try and contact him again and explain that is the Samsung account.

He answers most of my calls, and I tried 3-4 passwords he gave me, but none of them work. He says the phone was impulse buy and he created Samsung account in a rush. This activation lock option is not there in my S4, nor it was there on my S3, is this new feature of Note3? Do I've another solution? Perhaps flashing the stock firmware.
1st October 2013, 08:55 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncanny

He answers most of my calls, and I tried 3-4 passwords he gave me, but none of them work. He says the phone was impulse buy and he created Samsung account in a rush. This activation lock option is not there in my S4, nor it was there on my S3, is this new feature of Note3? Do I've another solution? Perhaps flashing the stock firmware.

Ask your seller to get the password from Samsung using lost password request.. If should be working if you input correct account information.
1st October 2013, 09:00 PM |#10  

More
No its no in my s4 just on note 3. Just ask him to try and recovery it or take the phone back. Don't know if samsung kies will allow u to install the firmware locked but try.

2nd October 2013, 12:31 AM |#11  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 314

More
try to enter ODIN mode and reflash stock rom! I think atm no-one knows how deep the integration of this security feature goes... so maybe this resets this totally! if not, flash cwm6 in odin and try to wipe /system, /data, /preload, /cache) before flashing stock again! attention: by flashing cwm you perhaps lose official warranty, because of an increased counter, and KNOX warranty void! perhaps chainfire will be able to sort this out, but I do not have any progress information!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to TML1504 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TML1504 Ad-Free

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)