Enable the Hidden Notification LED on the Google Nexus 6!

LED notification lights have existed on Android devices since the very beginnings … more

MX Player Ready to Rock on Lollipop

A good video player should be reliable and free. One of the XDA Community Apps, MX Player, meets both of … more

How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Bricket ATT Tab 3

OP dsavija2

16th January 2014, 08:40 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

18 posts
Hello,

I rooted my device routed sm-t217a. I messed up my framework-res.apk in framework folder. I edited the apn file under xml and I had it put back on the device. I installed the apk by clicking on it. Now this tablet after it boots up shows "unfortunately the process com android phone has stopped". I have tried everything. I can not do anything on the tablet unless it is in recover mode. I tried all option under recovery. However no luck. Any help would be appreciated how I can fix this issue.

Samsung Tab 3 SM-T217A At&T
16th January 2014, 09:40 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

18 posts
Smile BRICKED***
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsavija2

hello,

i rooted my device routed sm-t217a. I messed up my framework-res.apk in framework folder. I edited the apn file under xml and i had it put back on the device. I installed the apk by clicking on it. Now this tablet after it boots up shows "unfortunately the process com android phone has stopped". I have tried everything. I can not do anything on the tablet unless it is in recover mode. I tried all option under recovery. However no luck. Any help would be appreciated how i can fix this issue.

Samsung tab 3 sm-t217a at&t

anyone??? Sorry for spelling error
16th January 2014, 09:42 PM   |  #3  
Flag CARY
Thanks Meter: 18

311 posts
More
can you get it into download mode and flash factory rom with odin software?
16th January 2014, 09:59 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 4

25 posts
Quote:

Hello,

I have tried everything. I can not do anything on the tablet unless it is in recover mode. I tried all option under recovery. However no luck. Any help would be appreciated how I can fix this issue.

Have you tried Emergency Firmware Recovery under TOOLS in KIES
16th January 2014, 10:02 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

18 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterson65

can you get it into download mode and flash factory rom with odin software?

I can get to download mode, but I can not get my hands on the original rom for sm-t217a. Do you where I can get one so I cant try odin?
16th January 2014, 10:06 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

18 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeeno

Have you tried Emergency Firmware Recovery under TOOLS in KIES

I did not try that. I will try that option right after work.
17th January 2014, 12:15 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 3

14 posts
Angry maybe
I'd would try tmobile or sprints firmware. i flashed tmobile to my t217s today and it worked. besides the modem flash and no signal. then i restored my backup thru twrp recovery after re-rooting. hopefully you backed up your rom in recovery. under t217s flash you can easily root your tab with kingo app. with tmobile you can flash sprints version of twrp & supersu through odin. good luck
17th January 2014, 12:57 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

18 posts
I cant not connect to kies it wont successfully connect. Mtp driver fails to install. I tried 3 different computers and it wont install. Connecting my functional samsung s4 works. So for tab 3 my options seem be to in recovery mode either through adb or odin. But no one seems to have att version of rom. I dont have a back up version of my rom/firmware. Any other suggestions. If I run tmobile will the unit be functional? At least under tmobile? Any other suggestion?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
17th January 2014, 01:22 AM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

18 posts
This might be stupid to ask, I have another same device. Can I backup that device and restore on this device, the one that is messed up?
17th January 2014, 03:56 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 4

25 posts
Quote:

I cant not connect to kies it wont successfully connect. Mtp driver fails to install. I tried 3 different computers and it wont install. Connecting my functional samsung s4 works. So for tab 3 my options seem be to in recovery mode either through adb or odin. But no one seems to have att version of rom. I dont have a back up version of my rom/firmware. Any other suggestions. If I run tmobile will the unit be functional? At least under tmobile? Any other suggestion?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Out of desperation getting my tab3 going again, and locked into just recovery mode I tried this workaround.

Try this at your own risk - Just something I did, and worked in my situation to get the phone to boot again.

I flashed Philz Touch Recovery, and it managed to get the Tabs life blood flowing again.

Here is a link to the thread - Good Luck - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2201860

P.S - I just used the md5 file I already had for my Galaxy S3, and got lucky - Since I didn't see Tab3 7" on his list.

Dumb Luck I Know
Last edited by Deeeno; 17th January 2014 at 04:14 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread