Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,274 Members 46,070 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tab 3 8 official kikat update (T310) + root instrucions

Tip us?

faria
Old
(Last edited by faria; 20th June 2014 at 03:33 PM.)
Retired Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 741

DONATE TO ME
Default Tab 3 8 official kikat update (T310) + root instrucions

http://www.android.gs/galaxy-tab-3-8...-installation/

Warning!!!
Locked boot-loader, once you flash this update you cant downgrade (at Present)

Rom has no knox counter ( warranty Bit) or binary counter.
Rom used to downgrades was T310XXUAMF1_T310OXXAMF1_HOME.tar

Another safe way of trying this rom without fear, is flashing it with mobile odin,mobile odin does not flash boot-loaders so you are safe to downgrade etc.
you may find that you WiFi does not work when rom flashed with mobile odin, that means that the older boot loader is not compatible with the new rom.

Update 1

Once You flash the rom the device will reboot several times, because my previous rom was customized i had to perform a hard reset.

this rom has some kind of KNOX according to superuser

The rom also adds a new entry to download mode AP SWREV: A1

How to root?

download Cf-auto-root from here and flash it via odin then go to google play and install superuser from chainfire, launch it and update normally.

UPDATE 2...
Rom has a watered down version of knox but no common KNOX entrie in download mode.

Q:Can i install a custom recovery is this rom?
A: YES.
Current Devices- Tab 2 7.0 P3100 - Omnia7- Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini - Tab 3 T210 - Note 2 GT-n7100 - S4-GT-I9505
Retired devices-Htc Blueangel-Htc Wizard-Htc Hermes-Htc Diamond2-Htc Rhodium-Samsung galaxy S-Dell Streak-P6800 Galaxy Tab7.7

How to search the Xda Developers forums within Windows Explorer | XDA Rules |
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to faria For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DigitalMD
Old
(Last edited by DigitalMD; 24th June 2014 at 03:33 PM.)
Thanks Meter 603
what we really want to know is does this update have the locked bootloader? If so, then you may possibly forever be stuck with touchwiz and stock based ROMs..
Days of open internet are almost over as the biggies look for more revenue streaming from your wallet..Soon the internet will be a shell of its current self. With the government wanting their taxes and the big ISPs planning to charge extra for access to specific content (like facebook) and throttle your speed.

HavokbyName
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalMD View Post
what we really want to know is does this update have the locked bootloader? If so, then you will forever be stuck with touchwiz and stock based ROMs..
how could we find out? try to downgrade to 4.2 via odin or simply flash custom rom see?

DigitalMD
Old
Thanks Meter 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by HavokbyName View Post
how could we find out? try to downgrade to 4.2 via odin or simply flash custom rom see?
Yes you could but be cautioned, that could lead to a bricked device. I'm not sure what a safe test would be.
Days of open internet are almost over as the biggies look for more revenue streaming from your wallet..Soon the internet will be a shell of its current self. With the government wanting their taxes and the big ISPs planning to charge extra for access to specific content (like facebook) and throttle your speed.

HavokbyName
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalMD View Post
Yes you could but be cautioned, that could lead to a bricked device. I'm not sure what a safe test would be.
try flashing custom rom maybe through custom recovery, or does that have same risks?

faria
Old
Thanks Meter 741

DONATE TO ME
I will try to downgrade and see what happens.
Current Devices- Tab 2 7.0 P3100 - Omnia7- Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini - Tab 3 T210 - Note 2 GT-n7100 - S4-GT-I9505
Retired devices-Htc Blueangel-Htc Wizard-Htc Hermes-Htc Diamond2-Htc Rhodium-Samsung galaxy S-Dell Streak-P6800 Galaxy Tab7.7

faria
Old
(Last edited by faria; 20th June 2014 at 03:32 PM.)
Thanks Meter 741

DONATE TO ME
Warning!!!

Another safe way of trying this rom without fear, is flashing it with mobile odin,mobile odin does not flash boot-loaders so you are safe to downgrade etc.
you may find that you WiFi does not work when rom flashed with mobile odin, that means that the older boot loader is not compatible with the new rom.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to faria For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thebestiam
Old
Thanks Meter 6
If I'm rooted, can I just install regular? No custom recovery. Just stock everything except rooted.

Sent from my XT1031 using XDA Free mobile app
Devices: S-off running RhythmicRom v1.4. clocked @ 1.4 ghz Lionheart, Moto G running stock rom.

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0

Future devices: Samsung Galaxy S3, Moto E

abramq
Old
(Last edited by abramq; 20th June 2014 at 04:52 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Any views to get this ROM for 3G version of Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 ?

HavokbyName
Old
(Last edited by HavokbyName; 20th June 2014 at 07:19 PM.)
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by faria View Post
Warning!!!

did you brick your device in the process or did it just fail flashing & error out, or did it work but only flash 4.2 system leaving new bootloader intact?

so with this finding, just to be clear on this, no custom roms can be used for those who upgraded with new bootloader?

would it be possible to restore 4.2 rom backup of only system.img in custom recovery or will it not boot?

sorry for lots of q's