Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,731 Members 50,284 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Prime stuck on ASUS splash screen, what now?

Tip us?

thefsfempire
Old
(Last edited by thefsfempire; 20th February 2013 at 02:39 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 96
Default Prime stuck on ASUS splash screen, what now?

I am a new Transformer Prime user, but not new to Android. My Prime is stuck on the initial "ASUS" splash screen (with NVIDIA logo).

I got my TFP yesterday and decided to put CM10 on it to see if it would fix the lag I was having (came with JB 4.1.1). Since it came with JB, I knew I couldn't use nvflash so I used the ASUS unlock tool which worked fine. I then downloaded TWRP 2.4.1 and flashed the JB blob file via fastboot.

Upon entering TWRP for the first time, everything seemed fine. I went in, did a backup (which I subsequently deleted by mistake) and wiped cache/dalvik/data/system and installed the official CM10 nightly. After flashing, I wiped cache/dalvik again and rebooted.

EDIT: So I flashed the Unofficial CM 10.1 here on XDA and it is now booting. So is the official CM 10 not for our devices with the JB BL?
Shawn

Moto X (16GB; Black)
Carrier: AT&T
ROM: Stock (Do we have a choice?)

Nexus 7 (16GB; 2nd Gen)
ROM: Stock

Voyager2k
Old
(Last edited by Voyager2k; 22nd February 2013 at 04:11 AM.)
Thanks Meter 403

DONATE TO ME
Official CM10 nightlies are still made for the ICS bootloader, as you discovered. Until they update, you're better off downloading the unofficial builds here.

foxhound08
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefsfempire View Post
I am a new Transformer Prime user, but not new to Android. My Prime is stuck on the initial "ASUS" splash screen (with NVIDIA logo).

I got my TFP yesterday and decided to put CM10 on it to see if it would fix the lag I was having (came with JB 4.1.1). Since it came with JB, I knew I couldn't use nvflash so I used the ASUS unlock tool which worked fine. I then downloaded TWRP 2.4.1 and flashed the JB blob file via fastboot.

Upon entering TWRP for the first time, everything seemed fine. I went in, did a backup (which I subsequently deleted by mistake) and wiped cache/dalvik/data/system and installed the official CM10 nightly. After flashing, I wiped cache/dalvik again and rebooted.

EDIT: So I flashed the Unofficial CM 10.1 here on XDA and it is now booting. So is the official CM 10 not for our devices with the JB BL?
I'm at the same screen, got there a lil different then you but along the same lines. I've switched out roms alot with no issues, but after flashing jellybean, i haven't been able to boot into recovery by power + vol down button. So i tried going into goo manager to boot into recovery and since then its just sitting at the first screen with this device is unlocked in the top left corner and nv in bottom left. When i hold the power button to reboot it, it just comes right back. Even when i let the battery die and try'ed it after that its just the same thing. Is there any hope out there for me?

Voyager2k
Old
Thanks Meter 403

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxhound08 View Post
I'm at the same screen, got there a lil different then you but along the same lines. I've switched out roms alot with no issues, but after flashing jellybean, i haven't been able to boot into recovery by power + vol down button. So i tried going into goo manager to boot into recovery and since then its just sitting at the first screen with this device is unlocked in the top left corner and nv in bottom left. When i hold the power button to reboot it, it just comes right back. Even when i let the battery die and try'ed it after that its just the same thing. Is there any hope out there for me?

Can you access the stock recovery menu? If you can, you might be able to flash a custom recovery using fastboot.

foxhound08
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager2k View Post
Can you access the stock recovery menu? If you can, you might be able to flash a custom recovery using fastboot.
No i can't access anything.

dunngh
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxhound08 View Post
No i can't access anything.
I am also stuck at this screen. I have access to nothing including adb, fastboot, recovery, bootloader, and everything else. All I did was use the asus bootloader unlock apk, fastboot flash recovery clockwork.img, boot back into android normally, and then I reboot into the bootloader wiped data, and now it is stuck.
HTC One X: Stock + root
Nexus 7: Stock + unlock + root
Motorola Xoom: CM9
Notion Ink Adam: Retired
BlackBerry Playbook: Because I'm an opportunist with an app

DunnRightSoftware.com
IDCProjects.com

eec_
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunngh View Post
I am also stuck at this screen. I have access to nothing including adb, fastboot, recovery, bootloader, and everything else. All I did was use the asus bootloader unlock apk, fastboot flash recovery clockwork.img, boot back into android normally, and then I reboot into the bootloader wiped data, and now it is stuck.
Same here. I unlocked it and flashed CWM. For a while I used the tablet without any custom rom nor any problem, however it just stopped booting suddenly. I dont know what to do.

Uberjim
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by eec_ View Post
Same here. I unlocked it and flashed CWM. For a while I used the tablet without any custom rom nor any problem, however it just stopped booting suddenly. I dont know what to do.
same here as well so at least you guys arent alone does show up as an apx device but not sure how useful that could be at the moment its just a paper weight just need someone to write an automated recovery from apx mode to flash the appropriate files if thats even possible

hbhorat
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Exact same problem. Still no fix?

swatsbiz
Old
Thanks Meter 64

DONATE TO ME
Just developed the same problem after installing Androwook2.2. Flashed the JB bootloader, then flashed the rom, after completing the initial Android setup the tablet started to download updates, which then froze. The screen stopped responding to any inputs, only the power and volume buttons did anything, but wouldn't restart it.

I hit the reset button with a pin which allowed me to enter recovery, which also didn't respond to screen touches, another reset button hit and there's now no USB connection in bootloader

Another restart and I can't get into bootloader either.

So no recovery or ADB = paperweight unless someone finds a solution