Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,698 Members 48,900 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q} [NOOB] How to Root Prestigio Multipad 7.0HD+ PMP3870C_DUO Tablet?

Tip us?
 
bernarduk09
Old
(Last edited by bernarduk09; 9th January 2014 at 12:33 PM.)
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 27
Join Date: Jun 2012
Default [Q} [NOOB] How to Root Prestigio Multipad 7.0HD+ PMP3870C_DUO Tablet?

hi i have a prestigio multipad HD+ PMP3870C_DUO tablet running android 4.1.1

im trying to root it but had no luck, im new to android and not quite sure where to begin, its on 4.1.1 could i update it to 4.2?

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks
 
bernarduk09
Old
#2  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 27
Join Date: Jun 2012
also i tried one click root and it failed
 
AXDFREEDOM
Old
#3  
AXDFREEDOM's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 181
Posts: 611
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernarduk09 View Post
hi i have a prestigio multipad HD+ PMP3870C_DUO tablet running android 4.1.1

im trying to root it but had no luck, im new to android and not quite sure where to begin, its on 4.1.1 could i update it to 4.2?

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks
root it with cydiaimpactor it work great
LG L5 E610 KITKAT 4.4.4 CYANOGENMOD11 - Here to learn! OptimaTeam
Ask/Reply me, I was born to help you! Please THANKS ME
The Following User Says Thank You to AXDFREEDOM For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
bernarduk09
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 27
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by AXD96 View Post
root it with cydiaimpactor it work great
thank you very much for your reply


do you know how i could update to 4.2?

i check on the prestigio site but nothing and the OTA update says nothing is available

thanks
 
AXDFREEDOM
Old
#5  
AXDFREEDOM's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 181
Posts: 611
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernarduk09 View Post
thank you very much for your reply


do you know how i could update to 4.2?

i check on the prestigio site but nothing and the OTA update says nothing is available

thanks
all companies like samsun,lg,htc... upgrade only best phones, the other maybe get little minor update but sometimes they get nothings
so if you want a "new" android you must root your phone and install CMW so you will be able to install custom rom like as cyanogen...

why would you like to install android 4.2?
the latest android is 4.4 called kitkat
from 4.1.0 to 4.3.1 is jellybean
and from 4.4.0 to 4.4.2 (today) is kitkat
LG L5 E610 KITKAT 4.4.4 CYANOGENMOD11 - Here to learn! OptimaTeam
Ask/Reply me, I was born to help you! Please THANKS ME
The Following User Says Thank You to AXDFREEDOM For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
bernarduk09
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 27
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by AXD96 View Post
all companies like samsun,lg,htc... upgrade only best phones, the other maybe get little minor update but sometimes they get nothings
so if you want a "new" android you must root your phone and install CMW so you will be able to install custom rom like as cyanogen...

why would you like to install android 4.2?
the latest android is 4.4 called kitkat
from 4.1.0 to 4.3.1 is jellybean
and from 4.4.0 to 4.4.2 (today) is kitkat
wow it worked great and so fast too!

i would like to upgrade to 4.4 if possible but im not sure if my tablet would support it?

sorry for being a noob but what is CMW and will any custom rom work?
 
bernarduk09
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 27
Join Date: Jun 2012
i would like to install stock 4.4 on my tablet but when rom manger goes to install CWM it says that it is not supported
 
AXDFREEDOM
Old
#8  
AXDFREEDOM's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 181
Posts: 611
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernarduk09 View Post
i would like to install stock 4.4 on my tablet but when rom manger goes to install CWM it says that it is not supported
you can flash(it means install) a rom(it means a firmware) from your recovery, if you can install cwm it's better because you can also make a backup...
have your phone a recovery? maybe a stock recovery?
LG L5 E610 KITKAT 4.4.4 CYANOGENMOD11 - Here to learn! OptimaTeam
Ask/Reply me, I was born to help you! Please THANKS ME
The Following User Says Thank You to AXDFREEDOM For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
bernarduk09
Old
#9  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 27
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by AXD96 View Post
you can flash(it means install) a rom(it means a firmware) from your recovery, if you can install cwm it's better because you can also make a backup...
have your phone a recovery? maybe a stock recovery?
Yes my tablet has stock recovery, ROM manger says cwm I not supported on my device, could I flash stock 4.4 KitKat or a custom ROM thanks
 
bernarduk09
Old
#10  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 27
Join Date: Jun 2012
if you know how to update or know of a custom rom please message me, stuck on 4.1.1

thanks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes