LG G3 vs Note 4

OP budco2000

24th June 2014, 10:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tampa, Florida
Thanks Meter: 92

324 posts
More
In the last 5 years I've had the Galaxy S, Samsung Captivate, Samsung Infuse 4g, followed by the Galaxy S2, Note 1, Galaxy S4, Note 2 and finally my Note 3 that I've had since release day. There is no doubt that the Note 4 is going to be a bad ass device. However I'm getting burned out with Samsung. Other then the hardware changing and getting better from device to device, it's the same tired setup. I root every device and use Nova Launcher but it's getting tired now. The new LG G3 looks like a bad ass phone on paper. Great specs, great reviews on CNET, maybe its time for something different. I know the note 4 is going to have a 2K screen like the G3 along with the fingerprint scanner and who knows what else. I bought a Galaxy S5 last week out right, and after 3 days of use I took it back because I liked my note 3 better, nothing on the GS5 justified a $660 purchase over my Note 3.

All my Samsung phones have been rooted and flashed with ROM's, radio's and kernels dozens of times, and not a single one of my Samsung phones have ever left me down. Never had one fail, never received one with any dead pixels, they have all been reliable fantastic devices. The fact I use cases makes me care less about metal or plastic devices. I don't go for sexy, I go for hardware, functionality and screen quality/resolution.

I can't decide if I want to give LG a try and buy the G3 in July/August when it's released here in the states or stick with someone I trust and get the note 4 in September/October when it's available. Never had to think about what I wanted in a long time. I always knew I'd get the next note or Galaxy S when available, but now there's some swift competition out there.
Last edited by budco2000; 24th June 2014 at 10:27 PM.
24th June 2014, 11:11 PM   |  #2  
Forum Moderator
Flag Jumpston Junction
Thanks Meter: 2,558

3,187 posts
There are 3 threads devoted to discussions about devices, please repost your question in one of these three threads: The what should I buy thread or the The Device Suggestion Thread or the The Device Comparison Thread.

Thanks!
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread