Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,303 Members 42,999 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC OneX USB connection problem

Tip us?

HiTmaniaC
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] HTC OneX USB connection problem

Hello. Forgive me for my English, I use a translator. Recently bought a phone HTC One X. When you connect your phone to the computer to install the driver in the Device Manager, nothing appears. Thought to blame the computer or plug, changed cord, tried to connect to another computer, nothing happened. Installed several drivers from various sources, including from this. With computers and all the phone is charging. I do not know what to do already.
S-On, No root, 4.2.2 - nothing is modified, all from the factory.

Thant
Old
Thanks Meter 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiTmaniaC View Post
Hello. Forgive me for my English, I use a translator. Recently bought a phone HTC One X. When you connect your phone to the computer to install the driver in the Device Manager, nothing appears. Thought to blame the computer or plug, changed cord, tried to connect to another computer, nothing happened. Installed several drivers from various sources, including from this. With computers and all the phone is charging. I do not know what to do already.
S-On, No root, 4.2.2 - nothing is modified, all from the factory.
Second hand or new phone? and when happend this maybe broken USB
If my post help you a click on Thanks would be nice

YOU ARE A NOOB CLICK HERE OR YOU ARE COMPLETE NOOB CLIK HERE

Device: HTC One X 32GB
CID: HTC__032
HBOOT: 1.72
KERNEL: lONELyX #023 LM_UV
ROM: lONElyX 1.0.1 with modification
The Following User Says Thank You to Thant For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

HiTmaniaC
Old
(Last edited by HiTmaniaC; 25th June 2014 at 06:05 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thant View Post
Second hand or new phone? and when happend this maybe broken USB
second hand, but why is charged from usb?

gyedema
Old
Thanks Meter 1
This is not a bug, this is a feature. HOX used to come up with a pop-up window asking what type of connection you would make, charge only, or USB device.
Instead it now uses a HTC-defined default USB connection method.

You SHOULD, however, be able to see the device in explorer. If not, check in Developer Options and try USB Debugging, see it that makes a difference.

Only other thing I can think of is, in Hardware (Device Manager): check if OneX is available, whithout an exclamation mark.
The Following User Says Thank You to gyedema For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

HiTmaniaC
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyedema View Post
This is not a bug, this is a feature. HOX used to come up with a pop-up window asking what type of connection you would make, charge only, or USB device.
Instead it now uses a HTC-defined default USB connection method.

You SHOULD, however, be able to see the device in explorer. If not, check in Developer Options and try USB Debugging, see it that makes a difference.

Only other thing I can think of is, in Hardware (Device Manager): check if OneX is available, whithout an exclamation mark.
In Device Manager, nothing appears as if the phone is not connected. Debugging by UCB switched on and off. Did not help.

Thant
Old
Thanks Meter 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiTmaniaC View Post
In Device Manager, nothing appears as if the phone is not connected. Debugging by UCB switched on and off. Did not help.
Your data on USB is broken send it for repair maybe for this is sold or do a claim to the seller
If my post help you a click on Thanks would be nice

YOU ARE A NOOB CLICK HERE OR YOU ARE COMPLETE NOOB CLIK HERE

Device: HTC One X 32GB
CID: HTC__032
HBOOT: 1.72
KERNEL: lONELyX #023 LM_UV
ROM: lONElyX 1.0.1 with modification
The Following User Says Thank You to Thant For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]