Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,799 Members 37,764 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

GPRS and MMS

Tip us?

latts
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default GPRS and MMS

Hi,
This topic seems to have been covered a lot on many bulletin boards concerning Windows mobile 5 for smartphones and GPRS connections but so far - to my knowledge - no conclusion.

I have a 8500 as a second phone used for my Swedish card most of the time however, when I'm back in the Uk and going out I switch cards as I don't like taking my S100 out (too big).

I have (or did have until tonight) GPRS set-up correctly for Telenor in Sweden and both internet and MMS worked fine. I installed a CAB for Vodafone UK settings for GPRS and MMS tonight and could not get the two sets of settings to work in harmony. In the end I had to remove the UK settings in order for Windows to connect correctly on the Swedish network.

Does anyone know how to have two different setting defined and tell Windows 5 which setting to use? All I can see on the internet front is "Automatically detect settings" which seems to do nothing. Also I can't seem to tell which connection is taken, is there somewhere that indicates this?

MMS seems to be a similar problem but since the CAB that set-up my Swedish settings created another "network" of VodafoneMMS I seem to be able to communicate correctly.

Any help would be appreciated. It seems the settings are correct that I have (as numerous people are using them OK) but I cannot get the two to work corectly when both of them are installed.

Many thanks,
L.
----------------------------------------------
Phone: QTEK S100
ROM version: 1.12.00 WWE
ROM date: 28.05.2005
Radio version: 1.12.00
Protocol version: 1337.42
ExtROM version:
Downgraded Called ID ROM to 1.06

Churchill
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I am afraid that if you use a .cab file to configure the settings it removes the previous settings which are already on the phone.

BUT! And this worked for me on an MDA PRO or MDA Vario. You can manually configure extra APNs and an extra MMS Server settings, and then just change which one is the default.

I am not sure it is possible on the QTEK, because since a couple of weeks ago I have both Sims on the same network...

Good luck
Churchill!

HTC Trophy with WP 7 -> My Work Phone (yes we are all getting HTC Trophy in a week, all 225 of us)
HTC HD2 -> My Private Phone
HTC Snap -> My Backup Work Phone
HTC S740 (HTC Roze) -> My Backup Phone