Jun 24, 2014
Rimini
Hi there!

With this post I`am starting a new thred about creating something like this:
out from HTC HD2.

IMPOSSIBRU?
NO!

Right now I have:
  • two broken HTC HD2 (EU and USA models). Both with broken digitizers. EU model is also disassembled ;
  • this case (sorry I've already remade it and dont have original photo);
  • Ideas! many of em. Too many I think.

Why?
I think it would be great to have pda/phone based on your arm. At least it is always in your hand. Or very close to it ;) .

This thread will contain:
  • photos. I hope I will not forget taking photos of the process;
  • maybe sketches. I am very bad in painting, but sometimes it is easier to show your idea rather than to describe it;
  • many text mistakes. I am using half my studied english half google translate >_<

I am looking forward for some support and of course ideas from those, who are interested in this.

So here we go!

<25.06.14>
Right now I remade case. I got it without protection screen (it was removed with scissors). Screen from HD2 fits it perfectly! Of course, I could leave the phone simple in there... NO! It is not the way I want it to! It would be as thin and comfortable as possible!
I've removed the belt with velcro (am I using the right word for it? :) ) becouse it was designed for forearm and is too long for wrist, Right now I'am resew the velcro becouse I want it to contact arm with soft part, not the hard one.

Wow, I've just bent needle. The case rubber is realy tough

As far as my needle is broken and I want to sleep (it is 01:24 lol), I will describe the basic idea now.
I want to separate screen, motherboard, camera and battery. Place them at different part of the hand to make the whole system smaller.
The screen will be on the upper side of the hand. Screen and only screen.
The case will be fasten with velcro. It will be remade also
This case had a small pocket for keys and/or other things . And it size is just like motherboard . So I want to put a motherboard in this pocket and place it on the belt on the back (bottom) side of the hand . Becouse of it small size I beleve that it wouldn't be broken on the hand.
</25.06.14>

Attachments

• fascia-da-braccio-per-ipod-touch--iphone.jpg
    fascia-da-braccio-per-ipod-touch--iphone.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 262
  • pic11.jpg
    pic11.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 632
  • DSC_2205.jpg
    DSC_2205.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 201
  • DSC_2206.jpg
    DSC_2206.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 239
  • DSC_2207.jpg
    DSC_2207.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 217
  • DSC_2208.jpg
    DSC_2208.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 182
  • DSC_2209.jpg
    DSC_2209.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 172
  • DSC_2213.jpg
    DSC_2213.jpg
    263.7 KB · Views: 169
  • DSC_2214.jpg
    DSC_2214.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 283
  • DSC_2216.jpg
    DSC_2216.jpg
    274.4 KB · Views: 189
  • DSC_2217.jpg
    DSC_2217.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 196
  • DSC_2219.jpg
    DSC_2219.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 162
  • DSC_2218.jpg
    DSC_2218.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 159
  • DSC_2220.jpg
    DSC_2220.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 191
  • DSC_2221.jpg
    DSC_2221.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 228
  • DSC_2222.jpg
    DSC_2222.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 336
  • DSC_2211.jpg
    DSC_2211.jpg
    261.4 KB · Views: 369
Last edited:

Robbie P

Feb 8, 2011
London
your first pic reminds me of the nuclear device in the Predator movies;):D
It might be a bit tricky receiving a call with the phone on your forearm, bt headset?
Look forward to updates on your progress though.
Best of luck

E1Dor4do

Jun 24, 2014
Rimini
your first pic reminds me of the nuclear device in the Predator movies;):D
It might be a bit tricky receiving a call with the phone on your forearm, bt headset?
Look forward to updates on your progress though.
Best of luck
I found it. Lol, rly look alike (don't have 10 posts to put img here)
The first pic (and basic idea) is taken from the Operation Black Mesa game (HL2 mod)
I think of bt headset or wired headset puted from arm to ear (under clothes it is not so tricky I think). I want to put earphone jack to upper side. I will make some sketches tomorrow.

Last edited:

E1Dor4do

Jun 24, 2014
Rimini

So here we go again
Right now a friend of mine is making some sketches about a basic concept (I told that I'm bad in painting)
Here goes the basic concept:

I am thinking about how to make screen wiring longer. I want to make my own wiring for it. Here is example:
The problem is: is has 45 (!!!) connectors. Very tricky, but I think it is possible. I believe. I hope...
Right now I'm thinking how my own wiring can be connected to screen wiring. I'm thinking about disassembling screen connector from motherboard and to install it on my wiring. So screen could be replaced in case.

So right now need ideas: where to place the battery, where to place camera, how to connect all this.

So here goes madness
sparta_madness_by_slapp_a_dap-d3i7qiu.png

I've disassemblied screen, where wiring is going, and found this:
I'm goung to cut off the connector from wiring, and solder it to my wiring. Then I will use it to connect wiring to motherboard. On the other side I will silder a connector from motherboard.(I will buy it) so I will make en extantion for standart screen connector

Attachments

• handev.png
    handev.png
    98.2 KB · Views: 110
  • DSC_2223.jpg
    DSC_2223.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 111
  • DSC_2227.jpg
    DSC_2227.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:

exebreez

Mar 5, 2011
NRW
Wow, i love the idea, i would be pleased to do this with my old hd2.
If you complete the project, please write a instruction, i even would pay for something, what looks like
a badass Pipboy from Fallout :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there!

With this post I`am starting a new thred about creating something like this:
    out from HTC HD2.

IMPOSSIBRU?
    NO!

Right now I have:
    • two broken HTC HD2 (EU and USA models). Both with broken digitizers. EU model is also disassembled ;
    • this case (sorry I've already remade it and dont have original photo);
    • Ideas! many of em. Too many I think.

Why?
    I think it would be great to have pda/phone based on your arm. At least it is always in your hand. Or very close to it ;) .

This thread will contain:
    • photos. I hope I will not forget taking photos of the process;
    • maybe sketches. I am very bad in painting, but sometimes it is easier to show your idea rather than to describe it;
    • many text mistakes. I am using half my studied english half google translate >_<

I am looking forward for some support and of course ideas from those, who are interested in this.

So here we go!

<25.06.14>
    Right now I remade case. I got it without protection screen (it was removed with scissors). Screen from HD2 fits it perfectly! Of course, I could leave the phone simple in there... NO! It is not the way I want it to! It would be as thin and comfortable as possible!
    I've removed the belt with velcro (am I using the right word for it? :) ) becouse it was designed for forearm and is too long for wrist, Right now I'am resew the velcro becouse I want it to contact arm with soft part, not the hard one.

Wow, I've just bent needle. The case rubber is realy tough

As far as my needle is broken and I want to sleep (it is 01:24 lol), I will describe the basic idea now.
    I want to separate screen, motherboard, camera and battery. Place them at different part of the hand to make the whole system smaller.
    The screen will be on the upper side of the hand. Screen and only screen.
    The case will be fasten with velcro. It will be remade also
    This case had a small pocket for keys and/or other things . And it size is just like motherboard . So I want to put a motherboard in this pocket and place it on the belt on the back (bottom) side of the hand . Becouse of it small size I beleve that it wouldn't be broken on the hand.
    </25.06.14>
    Still alive

Well, I'm not dead yet ;)
    Just taking my vacation in Italy.
    ASAP I will get back to work.
    Stay in touch!