Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,304 Members 41,147 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ROM LG Optimus Net LG L45C Only

Tip us?

lce67
Old
(Last edited by lce67; 15th October 2012 at 04:45 AM.) Reason: update
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default ROM LG Optimus Net LG L45C Only

READ ME FIRST!! USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!! I and/or XDA are not responsible if this bricks your phone!!! If this transforms your phone into a decepticon and shoots your eye out...

OK....what a few months its been...sorry guys been out of commission...car wreck...
Had to start over...so here we go..

First...You must be rooted...if not google it..

install your favorite root file explorer

install your favorite term emulator

ok got that...now the good stuff..

download http://dl.dropbox.com/u/56403887/L45...y-v6.0.1.2.zip

or http://dl.dropbox.com/u/56403887/L45...ry-v5.0.28.zip

this is the cwm recovery 6.0.1.2 compiled from source by me...it is only for the L45C...Cant stress that enough...had to make changes to graphics from source to get it to work...

also the v5.0.28 recovery because as of now v6.0.1.2 has no sdcard partioning support because it is new.

you can choose which you like best...

put on root of your sdcard ...

make sure the file name is recovery.img

now download http://dl.dropbox.com/u/56403887/flash_image.zip

this is the flash_image file to to flash the recovery..
unzip it should have the name flash_image
use root explorer to copy the file to /system/bin
open term emulator get su rights and cd to /system/bin and type chmod 0755 flash_image
now cd back to /
still with su rights type flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img
if no output... wahoo.... if you get error start over

dont reboot yet...

go to playstore and download a app called Quick Boot its free and handy you want have to hold buttons to reboot into recovery..

ok...now the moment of truth run quick boot and choose recovery...you should get a su ask from superuser grant it....phone should reboot into cwm recovery...if it did... wahoo... you now have cwm

keymap is fixed and is like this.... search button to select.....return button to return..home button to scroll..

way better than before,,,to me any way...

still will get error about bad boot message but i will fix later it don't affect anything..

Here is the stock rom , rooted , busybox , http://dl.dropbox.com/u/56403887/Stock_L45C_Rom.zip

Here is the stock recovery also http://dl.dropbox.com/u/56403887/L45...k_Recovery.zip

i am at present working on kernel...for cm7...

Give thanks to Koushik for CWM...And to TWO.BIT.CODER for all the help...Thank You...
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lce67 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lce67
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Reserved

hotchapmanu
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Hey ICE.....Is it suitable for Optimus Net P690 in India.....?????

Spark1223
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Does this support custom themes?

oldfella2
Old
(Last edited by oldfella2; 11th June 2012 at 08:43 AM.) Reason: More info
Thanks Meter 0
Default p690f can't get qtadb to link phone/PC

Hi
I am stumped, as a complete novice to smart phone/linux.

At present my status is:
1. Phone is rooted, so I was able to get this done from my PC.
2. Now I have copied the recovery.img & flash.img to SD card.
3. I have Terminal emulator on phone &/or Sd card.
4. When in USB storage is activated & connected to PC, I can see all the files but on terminal emulator.
5. I have Qtabd on my PC but it will not 'see' my phone either in USB storage activated or not activated or in debug mode.
6. When debug mode activated, USB storage is deactivated. Seems both not able to be on.
7. In one of the XDA threads there was mention of 'demounting' the sd card so have also tried that in same combinations of SD/ debug.

I have been trying to sort this out on another forum but seems there is more info available on here.
I am having a huge problem tying to get Recovery working direct on the phone, mainly due to my inexperience on these devices, I am very happy to learn if pointed in right direction. Of course my concern also is not to brick the phone!!

Any assistance or links to suitable areas appreciated.

Whoops seems I posted on wrong thread, thought it was the similar one for P690, applogies.

oldfella2
Old
Thanks Meter 0
WaHooo
I managed to finally get recovery activated using the terminal emulator on the SMALL screen of my phone!!

However I would still very much appreciate sorting out Qtadb connection as I am sure sometime in the future I will need to do some additions/deletions to my p690.
So, any info etc will be appreciated.
For any other Newbies who may see this,
1. To copy from a browser text long touch at start/end of text, then drag to high light.
2. To copy, touch highlighted area, you should get a message 'copied to clipboard'. To cancel, if you make a mistake like I made MANY touch some where else on screen.
3. With Terminal emulator started, (P690), after entering 'su' tap touch screen to bring up keyboard and select 'return/enter key'. This gives you Super User.
Long touch screen brings up menu withe 'paste',select.
4. To toggle back to browser, to same screen you were working on, hold down second key on bottom. This will bring up all the recent icons for what you were working on, select 'browser'. Continue copy line by line.
5. To toggle back to emulator, long press 2nd from left key & select emulator.

Hope this assists someone.

Spark1223
Old
Thanks Meter 33
The p690 and this phone are not the same. This phone is from Net 10, idk about the p690, but this phone is. This one is also cdma. I think the p690 is gsm. They are NOT cross compatible. I'd brick my phone if I used a p690 rom.

lce67
Old
(Last edited by lce67; 13th June 2012 at 02:19 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
sorry guys been working on code....

oldfella2... spark is right... this is for l45c on net10 or tracphone...only...the p690 is diff...there is a thread here on that phone...spark you can coustom theme. I haven't yet but I don't see why not...

I have been able to unlock bootloader and to fix cwm recovery for this phone..will post it here later this week...also been testing cm7....but I can't seem to find wifi bug... it drops and reconnects const...

Spark1223
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by lce67 View Post
sorry guys been working on code....

oldfella2... spark is right... this is for l45c on net10 or tracphone...only...the p690 is diff...there is a thread here on that phone...spark you can coustom theme. I haven't yet but I don't see why not...

I have been able to unlock bootloader and to fix cwm recovery for this phone..will post it here later this week...also been testing cm7....but I can't seem to find wifi bug... it drops and reconnects const...
dude! if you can get cyanogen working i will be forever in your debt

Sonic132
Old
(Last edited by Sonic132; 9th July 2012 at 11:11 PM.) Reason: Additional Information
Thanks Meter 0
Question Update please

Hi there. Been crack flashing my phone for a while and finally got my wife's phone rooted today.
Just wondering if anyone has had any luck flashing a custom recovery yet (eg CWM or Amon Ra)? If so, please post a guide. As I have been unable to find anything using my Google-fu.
Also, all your links were removed. So other than hinting at a solution. This thread is zero help.

Thanks in Advance!

My Phone: HTC Evo 4G (flashed to Cricket)
Wife's Phone: LG Optimus (LGL45C)