Build v1.01 posted
If you like it please click thanks on this post and give it a rating
Thanks to all users
Flash at your own risk!!!
I am not responsible if you make your device a paperweight and i don't want it to happen so READ everything and know what you are doing before you start.
MX Linux is a port of Linux to the ARM platform for the sole purpose of running XBMC Media Center as an OS on Android TV boxs using the Amlogic chipset's.
Support will be limited, I built this for myself and decided to release it because alot of people online wanted it.
If you would like to help out or know a fix let me know, Any fixs i make or find will be shared back to other developers
- Unplug devices power.
- Place the MX_LINUX_vX.XX-XXXX-Update.zip on the root of your usb drive or sdcard and plug it in to the device.
- Using a toothpick or something similer (non-conductive) push and hold the reset button and plug in the devices power
(Release the reset button once your in recovery).
(The reset button is located inside the 3.55mm jack labled A/V, this may differ on your device)
- Select "Install update from EXT"
- If your using a usb drive select "Install from udisk", else if your using a sdcard select "Install from sdcard"
- Select the MX_LINUX_vX.XX-XXXX-Update.zip and wait while it installs
- Once install is complete select "Reboot system now"
(G18REF/MX2REF) NOTE: If your 2nd boot splash is not displayed properly do the following
- Flash build v0.03
- Allow full boot
- Repeat upgrade procedure with newest version
- TVHeadend client does not work 100% (Testing)
- Broadcom WIFI adapters don't work (Testing)
- CVBS video output don't work (Testing)
- STVMX: LED lights on box my not work properly (WIP)
- STVMC/XIOSM3: 1080 output is not displayed properly (WIP)
XBMC@Github for xbmc source
Buildroot.org for buildroot source
Pivosgroup@Github for AML fixs
Stane1983@Github for help and fixs along the way
J1nx@Github for his work on AML devices
WJB@Github for his work on MX devices
CodeSnake@Github for his work on M6 devices
Amlogic for access to there sources
XDA for hosting these fourms
AndroidFileHost, DevHost, and Goo.im for free premium file hosting