Post Reply

[Q] Bricked HTC Desire 816 dual sim mobile

OP vbrsekhar

27th May 2014, 11:07 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Wellington
Thanks Meter: 67
 
192 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
Donate to Me
More
Hello guys, I recently bought Htc desire 816 dual sim mobile from Dubai. I unlocked the bootloader via htc to root that device and in the process I bricked my phone. I am unable to find the stock rom anywhere on internet and for a surprise, I couldnt find this phone model on htc website. Can anyone please help bringing my device alive ?

Although I managed to get the cwm recovery installed on mobile, I couldnt find rest of the files needed to boot the system normally. It keeps on going to cwm recovery only instead of booting to the normal screen. Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase help me with the stock rom (not chinese though)

Regards
vbrsekhar
10th July 2014, 05:36 AM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
29 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by vbrsekhar

Hello guys, I recently bought Htc desire 816 dual sim mobile from Dubai. I unlocked the bootloader via htc to root that device and in the process I bricked my phone. I am unable to find the stock rom anywhere on internet and for a surprise, I couldnt find this phone model on htc website. Can anyone please help bringing my device alive ?

Although I managed to get the cwm recovery installed on mobile, I couldnt find rest of the files needed to boot the system normally. It keeps on going to cwm recovery only instead of booting to the normal screen. Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase help me with the stock rom (not chinese though)

Regards
vbrsekhar




Install the cwm image from this temporarily " http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2780507 "

note :
this will help you to regain your device, and you can use it good... it has all the apps in it.........
it is English..... ( but originally developed from open source chinese variant.... )

I too bricked my 816 dual.... but this will help you reinstate your device.....
wait untill the Stock Rom is released................ and after that reflash your device.........

or, try to find the same device model from the forum users.... and ask them to give you device cwm or twarp backup.....
you can clone your device from a same regional device backup.... after restore.... do a factory reset....
your mobile will be all new.....................

what you think ?????
The Following User Says Thank You to SivasankarC For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th July 2014, 04:30 PM   |  #3  
palimatix's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 529
 
1,157 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
I guess someone should make a thread and maintain it with shared backup from different regional users.. It'll help bricked devices for everyone here..

Sent from my HTC Desire 816 dual sim using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to palimatix For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th July 2014, 06:51 PM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
29 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by palimatix

I guess someone should make a thread and maintain it with shared backup from different regional users.. It'll help bricked devices for everyone here..

Sent from my HTC Desire 816 dual sim using XDA Free mobile app

I totally Agree...................

INDIA ROM ::::::

http://forum.xda-developers.com/desi...2/post54042669

HTC 816 Dual Sim............... Indian version..............
The Following User Says Thank You to SivasankarC For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th July 2014, 06:39 AM   |  #5  
Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 9
 
65 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
More
What's the difference between different regional roms ...Aren't they all the same?

Sent from my HTC D816w using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
11th July 2014, 07:13 AM   |  #6  
palimatix's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 529
 
1,157 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosha

What's the difference between different regional roms ...Aren't they all the same?

Sent from my HTC D816w using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Some dual sim some single.. Base language and international version...

Not that there are not of categories but we often hear people looking for a particular version to go back to stock

Sent from my HTC Desire 816 dual sim using XDA Free mobile app
20th July 2014, 01:20 PM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by palimatix

Some dual sim some single.. Base language and international version...

Not that there are not of categories but we often hear people looking for a particular version to go back to stock

Sent from my HTC Desire 816 dual sim using XDA Free mobile app


How Can we now our device version regional (international, India, ....) ??????

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes