Problem with Z2 internal SD...

OP rajivshahi

25th June 2014, 03:55 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney, AUSTRALIA
Thanks Meter: 29

959 posts
HI i have a stock rooted z2 .55 with Doom's community rootkit. i was playing around with some xml files ( system/etc/permission/platform.xml) on my phone and now i can not access any thing in the phone. My inter storage (sdcard) is empty.... however phone boots fine and most of the apps crashes. and phone keeps giving error saying storage not found and java.lang.NullPointerException.. tried connecting to computer. adb doesn't detect it. is there any way i can fix this do a back of my data and flash new rom....and i cant power off i have to press the reset button or hold power off button and reboot in safe mode.
Last edited by rajivshahi; 25th June 2014 at 04:00 AM.
25th June 2014, 07:34 AM   |  #2  
Flag Gold Coast
Thanks Meter: 52

188 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivshahi

HI i have a stock rooted z2 .55 with Doom's community rootkit. i was playing around with some xml files ( system/etc/permission/platform.xml) on my phone and now i can not access any thing in the phone. My inter storage (sdcard) is empty.... however phone boots fine and most of the apps crashes. and phone keeps giving error saying storage not found and java.lang.NullPointerException.. tried connecting to computer. adb doesn't detect it. is there any way i can fix this do a back of my data and flash new rom....and i cant power off i have to press the reset button or hold power off button and reboot in safe mode.

Flash your phone back to stock using FlashTool? I think the Australian thread or the ROM thread should have a suitable FTF. Next time, install XZDualRecovery so you can take a nandroid backup, and restore...
25th June 2014, 08:14 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney, AUSTRALIA

959 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by juicejuice

Flash your phone back to stock using FlashTool? I think the Australian thread or the ROM thread should have a suitable FTF. Next time, install XZDualRecovery so you can take a nandroid backup, and restore...

Hi thanks for your reply. I finally managed adb to recognise device. But it still gives me read only file system or permission denied..... any help on that would be much appreciated...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
25th June 2014, 09:44 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney, AUSTRALIA

959 posts
Never mind just did a factory restore

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread