Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,646 Members 47,343 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] verizon m7 sense 6 update caused root failure on weaksauce plz halp me justincase

Tip us?

pandagiraffe
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] verizon m7 sense 6 update caused root failure on weaksauce plz halp me justincase

What's going on xda? I wanted to post this in the developer forum, so that possibly Ya know, a developer would see it and read it but the site said "no" so I have to post here. I had my phone rooted with weaksauce I was gonna go all out and unlock the boot loader and s-off but weaksauce made it so easy to have root access I was pretty satisfied with just that for a little while at least. Then I got an update Download from Verizon. I pressed where it said update now. I was curious. I'm sorry, anyway now I have the Verizon version of sense 6.0 and weaksauce shows me root failure when it runs. It's been like this for quite some time now and I've been searching around for any info on it but I'm the only person who has made a post about it so far. Other people also have this problem, I made a post on android forums and many others are sharing the same issue. Developers please. Let me know if you share the problem or know the solution or if you are currently working on the solution because I am getting slightly impatient. Thanks

cyrusct82
Old
Thanks Meter 387

DONATE TO ME
Why not post this in Verizon HTC ONE forum? There you will receive more help.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

alray
Old
(Last edited by alray; 23rd June 2014 at 08:24 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1012

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandagiraffe View Post
What's going on xda? I wanted to post this in the developer forum, so that possibly Ya know, a developer would see it and read it but the site said "no" so I have to post here.
Quote:
Android Development

What goes here:
  • All discussions related to YOUR OWN development (roms, kernels, recoveries and flashable mods, exact rules for creating a thread there see in stickies of that section)
What does not go here:
  • Any Questions!!!
Quote:
Developer Discussion [Developers Only] (only on devices where available)

What goes here:
  • ONLY high level discussions between developers. (Exact rules for creating a thread there see in stickies of that section)
What does not go here:
  • Absolutely everything else!!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2158159

Quote:
I had my phone rooted with weaksauce I was gonna go all out and unlock the boot loader and s-off but weaksauce made it so easy to have root access I was pretty satisfied with just that for a little while at least. Then I got an update Download from Verizon. I pressed where it said update now. I was curious. I'm sorry, anyway now I have the Verizon version of sense 6.0 and weaksauce shows me root failure when it runs. It's been like this for quite some time now and I've been searching around for any info on it but I'm the only person who has made a post about it so far. Other people also have this problem, I made a post on android forums and many others are sharing the same issue. Developers please. Let me know if you share the problem or know the solution or if you are currently working on the solution because I am getting slightly impatient. Thanks
forum for your phone variant: http://forum.xda-developers.com/verizon-htc-one
basically, you need to root again, root access is lost during ota install, refer to your forum for instructions how to root the verizon htc one
If I've helped you, please hit the ''tanks'' button
If you want a reply, quote or mention me using @alray

Useful links for the HTC One:
nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
Flashing requirements chart by nkk71
HTC1Guru.com by crushalot

pandagiraffe
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2158159

forum for your phone variant: http://forum.xda-developers.com/verizon-htc-one
basically, you need to root again, root access is lost during ota install, refer to your forum for instructions how to root the verizon htc one
If it was actually that simple I would have already done that. I have a VERIZON m7. Weaksauce was the only root method I tried that worked, so it's not that I'm too lazy to search around for the correct thread, it's that that correct thread doesn't exist yet so I just keep making threads on different android forums until I flood the internet with my words and someone finally notices.

alray
Old
Thanks Meter 1012

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
If it was actually that simple I would have already done that. I have a VERIZON m7. Weaksauce was the only root method I tried that worked, so it's not that I'm too lazy to search around for the correct thread, it's that that correct thread doesn't exist yet so I just keep making threads on different android forums until I flood the internet with my words and someone finally notices.
Never said you was to lazy mate, I just say, if you want a good answer then post in the right forum, the forum for verizon htc one...
we doesn't know much about your phone variant here, you could at least try to post there:http://forum.xda-developers.com/verizon-htc-one
If I've helped you, please hit the ''tanks'' button
If you want a reply, quote or mention me using @alray

Useful links for the HTC One:
nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
Flashing requirements chart by nkk71
HTC1Guru.com by crushalot

zelendel
Old
Moderator Committee - The Dark Knight
Thanks Meter 10953

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
What's going on xda? I wanted to post this in the developer forum, so that possibly Ya know, a developer would see it and read it but the site said "no" so I have to post here. I had my phone rooted with weaksauce I was gonna go all out and unlock the boot loader and s-off but weaksauce made it so easy to have root access I was pretty satisfied with just that for a little while at least. Then I got an update Download from Verizon. I pressed where it said update now. I was curious. I'm sorry, anyway now I have the Verizon version of sense 6.0 and weaksauce shows me root failure when it runs. It's been like this for quite some time now and I've been searching around for any info on it but I'm the only person who has made a post about it so far. Other people also have this problem, I made a post on android forums and many others are sharing the same issue. Developers please. Let me know if you share the problem or know the solution or if you are currently working on the solution because I am getting slightly impatient. Thanks

Whats Going on? What is going on is that you really didnt pay attention to the rules when you joined. Had you then you would know why you cant post in the Dev forums. You would also know that had you posted this in the dev forums, it would have been deleted on site.

Now I am gonna move this to the proper device forums and advise you to take another look at the rules before you post again.

If hard work pays off then easy work is worthless
SearchFu
Never Ask someone to do something your not willing to at least try to do yourself.
"Gotham is the work of a madman"- NunHugger Current Nexus 5-12 Nightly

santod040
Old
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 7810

DONATE TO ME
Basically, you are SOL until Firewater/Weaksauce/Towelroot is made to work on our latest OTA.
Had you run Firewater when you had root, prior to updating, you would have been able to update and retain s-off and root.
Since you didn't, you are now stuck without root until/when/if an updated method/exploit is posted.
Current Devices: HTC Thunderbolt | HTC Droid DNA | HTC One - m7 | HTC One - m8

Follow me on Twitter
ULTIMATE WALLS WVGA Wallpaper Collection
Donations always appreciated! Never required!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to santod040 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pandagiraffe
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by santod040 View Post
Basically, you are SOL until Firewater/Weaksauce/Towelroot is made to work on our latest OTA.
Had you run Firewater when you had root, prior to updating, you would have been able to update and retain s-off and root.
Since you didn't, you are now stuck without root until/when/if an updated method/exploit is posted.
Damn. Thank you for the straight up truth though man I appreciate it.

pandagiraffe
Old
(Last edited by zelendel; 25th June 2014 at 04:44 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelendel View Post
Whats Going on? What is going on is that you really didnt pay attention to the rules when you joined. Had you then you would know why you cant post in the Dev forums. You would also know that had you posted this in the dev forums, it would have been deleted on site.

Now I am gonna move this to the proper device forums and advise you to take another look at the rules before you post again.
Dude, keep moving it if it makes you feel important. The rules really are not my main concern on this site, I had a question it got answered pretty directly after about 4 useless "this has to be moved" posts now I'm going to continue to wait. You guys are like maids for this site do they pay you well? Is it just fun for you to move threads to the correct place? pretty much: LOL @ false sense of entitlement thread police

calash
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Quote:
Dude, keep moving it if it makes you feel important. The rules really are not my main concern on this site, I had a question it got answered pretty directly after about 4 useless "this has to be moved" posts now I'm going to continue to wait. You guys are like maids for this site do they pay you well? Is it just fun for you to move threads to the correct place? pretty much: LOL @ false sense of entitlement thread police Füćk your system
Your thread got answered after it was moved to the right place, so that mod with "a false sense of entitlement" is the only reason you got a accurate reply.

Your call, but a bit of appreciation for those who keep this site running and volunteer to help is never a bad thing. Running a site of this size is not an easy task.

The Following User Says Thank You to calash For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe