Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,305 Members 42,207 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LG Enact is a bit... well, silly.

Tip us?

Hazarath
Old
(Last edited by malybru; 25th June 2014 at 09:58 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Tutorial LG Enact is a bit... well, silly.

So, wanted a keyboard-based phone, and I found one. I love how it feels, and how it operates, less three minor things. Well, kinda major, really.

Firstly, I have a overly-aggressive correction thingy when I type. My last phone would, say, if I type 'Haha' and it replaces it with 'Here', all I have to do is touch the backspace once, and it would correct itself, and restore the 'Haha' back, and I just touch space, and keep on typing.

This thing is evil. Instead of letting me, for instance type 'here', it would replace it automaticly with 'he're'. [Is that even a word?] It would -not- correct in the method I described above. I would -have- to go to setting>Input>Dictionaries>Add a word thingy to get it to keep 'here'.

The main thing I need to accomplish is making it so the replacing 'aggression', I would assume, is toned down. I know I could simply disable it, and all, but, I sometimes need the extra help, haha.

That's the first issue.

The second one, is that right by the 'A' button on the keyboard, there is a key that's a shortcut to this 'QuickMemo' uselessness. I have to hit back, and then resume typing, hopefully not hitting the button again. [And I say this, 'cause I have hit it a few times in one reply. x.x]

And, finally, when I get an SMS reply, it likes to show an IM-like window over whatever it is I am doing. It's more of just a minor thing that I -could- live with, assuming the other two issues could be resolved.

Any help would be appreciated!

-Haz
The Following User Says Thank You to Hazarath For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

philos64
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2640
Location: Somewhere between sky and sea in Brittany - XDA Assist Place

DONATE TO ME
Hi,

I'm sorry but we haven't thread for your LG model.
I have two suggesrtions:

1st => Go to General discussion > Questions and Answers and post your request.

2st => try to change your keyboard apk - you can try Swiftkey or Swipe. and stop to use your native keyboard

Good luck

XDA Assist is the place where you can get help finding your way on XDA. This is not a support forum !!!
Click and go to XDA-Assist
DONT PM ME FOR QUESTIONS RELATED TO ROM, Ask in thread, it's better for all members- THANKS

Actual Devices : HTC One M8 - HTC One M7 //Google N7 Wifi - Google N7 2013 LTE
Retired Devices :HTC Hero-HTC Desire Z-HTC Desire S-HTC One X- N7 3G - Asus TF300T

Hazarath
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by philos64 View Post
Hi,

I'm sorry but we haven't thread for your LG model.
I have two suggesrtions:

1st => Go to General discussion > Questions and Answers and post your request.

2st => try to change your keyboard apk - you can try Swiftkey or Swipe. and stop to use your native keyboard

Good luck
..you want me to not use my physical keyboard? Sorry, just trying to make sure I am understanding what you are recommending.

philos64
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2640

DONATE TO ME
It was suggestion, but I know that a lot of users who have a physical keyboard prefer this type of keyboard that the other as Swiftkey ...

I haven't got any suggestions except to post your problem to Q&A forum (1st link)

XDA Assist is the place where you can get help finding your way on XDA. This is not a support forum !!!
DONT PM ME FOR QUESTIONS RELATED TO ROM, Ask in thread, it's better for all members- THANKS

Retired Devices :HTC Hero-HTC Desire Z-HTC Desire S-HTC One X- N7 3G - Asus TF300T

philos64
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2640

DONATE TO ME
Do you use Auto-correct on your keyboard,?
If yes, simply turn-off

Suggestion from one of my colleague XDA Team Assist @PulseDroid

Hazarath
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by philos64 View Post
Do you use Auto-correct on your keyboard,?
If yes, simply turn-off

Suggestion from one of my colleague XDA Team Assist @PulseDroid
I appreciate the reply, and your time you took into your post, however, I am trying to find an alternative to that. Again, I sometimes am not the best typer, so, I need some help sometimes.

I will, however, post on the forum as suggested.
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe