Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,597 Members 51,278 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] need advice, what to get S5 or Note 4?

Tip us?

gybanez
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] need advice, what to get S5 or Note 4?

My company is finally letting me leave iPhone and I haven't had an android for a while. Which phone is better (features, specifications)
I will doing more reading but thought I would ask the community. Any advice helps, thanks in advance!

drakester09
Old
Thanks Meter 872
Note 4 comes after September, I'd get that if I could wait.

tcb4
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Well, the note 4 will most likely have a 2560x1440 display that is 5.7"+. Powering all those pixels will almost certainly be the snapdragon 805 with 3 gbs of ddr3 ram. According to extremetech the 805's cpu is only about 5% faster than the snapdragon 801, but the gpu is 40% more powerful. Keep in mind though that a 2560x1440 display has to push 77% more pixels than a 1920x1080 display. It's also worth mentioning that battery life is supposed to improve by something like 20%. In the end I think either device will be a great choice, but the note 4 may be worth checking out if you still have something like a 5/5s and are ok with the size. If you're more comfortable with a large phone as opposed to a giant phone, then go with the S5

On Verizon Wireless

Geryatrix
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Having just bought the S5, when I went to get it I tried the showroom non working display models of the S5 and the Note 3 in my trouser pocket, and I found that for practical purposes the S5 is the biggest phone that will comfortably fit in a side trouser pocket.

A minor point but to me when I'm wearing trousers and shirt in summer, an important one.

ShadowLea
Old
Thanks Meter 873
If I can fit a Note 3 in a pair of skinny jeans as a woman, you lot with your massive pockets in your jeans shouldn't complain about the size of the phone not fitting

That said, specwise, the Note 4. Without a shadow of a doubt. Not only is it half a year younger and will likely come with Android 5.0, it's also got much better hardware.
SM-N9005 International Galaxy Note 3, DBT NB7 Stock
SM-G900F International Galaxy S5, PHN NCE Stock
SM-P905 NotePro 12.2 LTE Black, DBT NC3 Stock

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. –Chinese Proverb

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

The simplest solutions are often the cleverest. They are also usually wrong.

mediumsteak
Old
Thanks Meter 36
While the leaked specs are relatively trustworthy, none of us know any of the real features of the Note 4.

You'll have to be patient and wait for announcement.