Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,161 Members 52,470 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Good alternatives to Google Analytics for Android?

Tip us?

kiwiandroiddev
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Good alternatives to Google Analytics for Android?

I found the google analytics SDK very easy to integrate with some of my android apps, however the problem I have is with the web dashboard. It's not straightforward to use, and mobile analytics seems to be the poor cousin of the web analytics version. Even finding data on something as simple as user timings (which was very easy to code into the app) is difficult. I know it must be capturing a tonne of useful data but visualising it and actually getting some useful insights from it is another story...

Are there any good (ideally free) alternatives out there, where it's actually easy to interpret the data?

Cheers, Matt

madhur_ahuja
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwiandroiddev View Post
I found the google analytics SDK very easy to integrate with some of my android apps, however the problem I have is with the web dashboard. It's not straightforward to use, and mobile analytics seems to be the poor cousin of the web analytics version. Even finding data on something as simple as user timings (which was very easy to code into the app) is difficult. I know it must be capturing a tonne of useful data but visualising it and actually getting some useful insights from it is another story...

Are there any good (ideally free) alternatives out there, where it's actually easy to interpret the data?

Cheers, Matt
There are some alternatives visualizations of the same data. Did you check out some apps for the same:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...pps.ganalytics

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...yticsdashclock

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...dhur.dashclock

kiwiandroiddev
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
You should really put a disclaimer: "I am the developer of this app". Your dashclock extension looks nice and simple though.

Those overview statistics like screen views and downloads are fine and a nice morale boost, but what I'm really interested in is actionable data that points to specific things in the app that need improvement.

E.g. If 80% of users leaving a certain screen after a few seconds it might point to the screen being confusing. Things like that.

Fyerwong
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by madhur_ahuja View Post
Thanks for the suggestion, but there is not a function that can analyze the source of the downloading as Google PC analyze. Could you recommend another one?

Woodny
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyerwong View Post
Thanks for the suggestion, but there is not a function that can analyze the source of the downloading as Google PC analyze. Could you recommend another one?
If you are looking for website similar to Google Analytics you can try Flurry I don't know if you can use it on your smartphone as a Mobile App but for sure it's good alternative for google analytics!

andrewsmith500
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Alternative to Google analytics

Flurry is a good option

codiaq
Old
Thanks Meter 8

DONATE TO ME
Thank you for this, I think I'll try flurry because the analytics the google play console provides are just not enough.

jennie01
Old
Thanks Meter 2
just learned that Flurry has a very useful customer behavior analytics. I think we should also try this aside from Google Analytics.

appfactory
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Found a new analytics site that Appannie has implemented into their system, seems to be asia based, worth adding, just did with mine
https://dev.mobvista.com/user/showreg/?u=TVRVMU9RPT0=

ExoticHamster
Old
Thanks Meter 2
What features do you think are missing from Google Analytics?