[PORT][100% WORKING] Xperia Z2 Live Wallpaper

Search This thread

updateing

Aug 25, 2012
Wuhan
Google Pixel C
I noticed that no one posted such thing here so I decided to make this post. I ported this myself and if you want to include this in your ROM, please mention me in your credits list. No PM required. Thanks!

The original file was taken from Z2 system dump. Not so smooth, may be due to our phone's low hardware spec...

Tested only on OmniROM 4.4 for TX. Not sure if it works on other ROMs
ADD: If you encounter FC on stock 4.3, try this tip provided by Rizal Lovins: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53943578&postcount=18
Or you can try removing all previous versions (/data and /system) and put this APK in /system/app, chmod 644 (rw--r--r--) .

Screenshot:
1iibty.png

4v1dg5.png

3aqvk.png

24uwc5j.png

(Modding this thing is pretty easy so nothing more to say :) )

Attachments

• xperia_wallpaper.apk
    303 KB · Views: 1,236
Last edited:

ahmadfaiz

May 22, 2012
So i downloaded it..installed it..but it's fc.. :'(

Sent from my LT25i using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

updateing

Aug 25, 2012
Wuhan
Google Pixel C
So i downloaded it..installed it..but it's fc.. :'(

Sent from my LT25i using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

same for me allways fc :confused:

Well I tested this on OmniROM 4.4. There is no FC and it works as expected. Maybe it demands some special Android version(4.3+)?

EDIT: Only usable for 4.1(stock) and 4.4(all 3rd-party ROMs). I'm trying to get this working on stock 4.3. You can try putting this file in /system/app (this method works on my 4.3)

Last edited:

Ainster

Sep 7, 2011
Lithuania
Well I tested this on OmniROM 4.4. There is no FC and it works as expected. Maybe it demands some special Android version(4.3+)?

EDIT: Only usable for 4.1(stock) and 4.4(all 3rd-party ROMs). I'm trying to get this working on stock 4.3. You can try putting this file in /system/app (this method works on my 4.3)

ohh im using full stock 4.3 with out root so i can't just put in to system :eek:

superricky89

Sep 1, 2013
Modena
Thank you for the answer! Copied to system/app and changed permissions and then I also wiped cache and dalvik...
But can't see the ribbons!
It's very strange because as I wrote some days ago, on stock 4.3 and xposed all was perfect! :(

updateing

Aug 25, 2012
Wuhan
Google Pixel C
Thank you for the answer! Copied to system/app and changed permissions and then I also wiped cache and dalvik...
But can't see the ribbons!
It's very strange because as I wrote some days ago, on stock 4.3 and xposed all was perfect! :(

If the custom ROM has the unmodified version of this live wallpaper built-in, it may replace this modded one. You can try removing this xperia_wallpaper.apk from your device(/data/app and /system/app) and then reboot. After that, use System Tuner Pro or something similar to find and uninstall the built-in one. Then you can put this into /system/app and have a try.

Reactions: superricky89

superricky89

Sep 1, 2013
Modena
You are fantastic!
I was only searching in system/app and I never thought about data/app!
After uninstalling and deleting all the apks, I wiped cache and dalvik and then the live wallpaper with waves appeared!
A huge thank you!
It's really gorgeous! :)

Reactions: updateing

Rizal Lovins

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC & RT
May 30, 2012
Bandung
LG V30
@updateing Great work buddy :good:

Okay just want to tell people that this Live Wallpaper is using Google Signer, so you need to patch services.jar (disable checking signature/Super User Mod) for Stock Firmware, so Live Wallpaper can work without any problem ( and use Latest Xperia Home for smoothness Live Wallpaper)

If still doesn't work edit the build.prop

search this
Code:
dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=m=y
Change to
Code:
dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=v=n,o=v,m=y

and for non stock, there is no need for this it will work perfect like OP said ;)

Last edited:

updateing

Aug 25, 2012
Wuhan
Google Pixel C
@updateing Great work buddy :good:

Okay just want to tell people that this Live Wallpaper is using Google Signer, so you need to patch services.jar (disable checking signature/Super User Mod) for Stock Firmware, so Live Wallpaper can work without any problem ( and use Latest Xperia Home for smoothness Live Wallpaper)

If still doesn't work edit the build.prop

search this
Code:
dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=m=y
Change to
Code:
dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=v=n,o=v,m=y

and for non stock, there is no need for this it will work perfect like OP said ;)

Thanks for the tip! I'll add this to OP :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I noticed that no one posted such thing here so I decided to make this post. I ported this myself and if you want to include this in your ROM, please mention me in your credits list. No PM required. Thanks!

The original file was taken from Z2 system dump. Not so smooth, may be due to our phone's low hardware spec...

Tested only on OmniROM 4.4 for TX. Not sure if it works on other ROMs
    ADD: If you encounter FC on stock 4.3, try this tip provided by Rizal Lovins: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53943578&postcount=18
    Or you can try removing all previous versions (/data and /system) and put this APK in /system/app, chmod 644 (rw--r--r--) .

Screenshot:
    1iibty.png

4v1dg5.png

3aqvk.png

24uwc5j.png

(Modding this thing is pretty easy so nothing more to say :) )
    Working on my Xperia V Stock Rom rooted deodexed
    Thank you so so soo much!

Working on xperia t .205 stock, rooted and with xposed!
    Workin on PureXT v4
    Unfortunately not working on Xperia T, PureXT 4.4

FC or runs without ribbons? Have you tried copying it to /system/app and chmod as OP says? (See #11)