[KERNEL](11/01)[KK][Shift Kernel][AOSP] Linaro GCC 4.7.4

Search This thread

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Welcome to Shift Kernel

Here we have custom toolchain build Linaro 4.7.4 Aosp custom kernel.

This is based on the Cyanogenmod SMDK4412 updated source.

Kernel uses STweaks which should be installed as a system app with the zip as it's included. If it doesn't just download and install

Starting with 5.0 this kernel supports all AOSP KitKat ROMS for the I777/959G

Downloads: Shift

Also feedback is very welcome. Also I will CONSIDER requests if I find it useful and not too strenuous to implement. Again Enjoy yourself guys!!!!

Thanks goes out to @ZaneZam for the amazing zzmoove that is included that we all love. @dorimanx for a little help and his amazing source for the i9100. If you thank me, please take the time to go thank him as well because without him some of this would never be possible as it helped me understand the extent to which some of this must go to function as it should. PLUS, he's an AMAZING Dev, Get over there already, and of course @gokhanmoral (Siyah Kernel) who without some of his early work none of this would be possible. He is the master Dev when it comes to the S2 community, even if we don't see the I9100 work over here we are forever in his debt @razen_kain for countless hours of testing and dealing with my lip when things are wreaking havoc @TheGeekyNimrod for testing CWM, unsuccessful or not, it is still extremely helpful
If I forgot you, just say so

« Credits

Gokhanmoral (Siyah Kernel) & STweaks
Entropy512 (CyanogenMod)
Dorimanx
ZaneZam

shiftboot.jpeg

Last edited:

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Features

Numerous CPU governors
Overckock to 1600 with voltage
CPU idle settings
Dynamic Hotplug
Boot boost
Sound enhancement configuration
BLN (back light notifications)
CPU sleep Max and Min frequency
GPU mods and msaa
Slide2wake
Mdnie mods
Gamma shift mods (Max brightness)
Touch sensitivity (done, be in next build)
Cron automated task manager
Zram to 600 MB
Auto oom control
Dirty ratio control
File system scans and fixes
Profile support
Backup and restore STweaks settings
Boot options (done, next build)
Also there is quite a bit more as well so flash and check it out

Superb battery as well with EXTENSIVE testing by myself and @razen_kain. Seriously, extensive lol

Last edited:

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Nor particularly knock on but yes you can say it knock on. It is much better than s2w

I'll check for tap2wake. If you downloaded more than 5 minutes ago download again because I just uploaded new zips with some stuff fixed. Some things still don't work but I'm exhausted. I'm out

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

SteveMurphy

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 22, 2012
Atlanta
can there be possibility of double tap to wake rather than slide to wake...:angel: Thanks
Just for future reference having this feature activated will cause the battery to discharge at a much higher rate, even when idle. The knock code is optimized for the G2/G3, and while the N5 is based on the G2 it too suffers from battery drain because the screen is always "looking" for the knock.

All that being said, it is a really cool feature. Great job getting your kernel up and running, rogersb!

TheGeekyNimrod

Jun 18, 2013
Virginia
thisisjohnnyt.com
Going to keep an eye on this thread as you move forward with it. Does this give us the option to set a separate sleep profile from the awake profile in Stweaks? I remember that from using AJK with an old 4.2.2 rom, and it really made a big difference (at least it seemed) in battery life, not running the normal profile when the screen was off, or phone was in deep sleep.

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Going to keep an eye on this thread as you move forward with it. Does this give us the option to set a separate sleep profile from the awake profile in Stweaks? I remember that from using AJK with an old 4.2.2 rom, and it really made a big difference (at least it seemed) in battery life, not running the normal profile when the screen was off, or phone was in deep sleep.

I'm not sure. Been working on getting broken stuff fixed at the moment and then I'll start checking around. First upload was way broken, but I fixed several things before I went to sleep this morning

TheGeekyNimrod

Jun 18, 2013
Virginia
thisisjohnnyt.com
I'm not sure. Been working on getting broken stuff fixed at the moment and then I'll start checking around. First upload was way broken, but I fixed several things before I went to sleep this morning

By all means take your time. I'm in no rush for special kernel features. I've tried building kernels in the past and know how big of a pain it can be at times. So dev on, and we'll be here waiting to try it out.:good:

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

You have a link to the kernel with this feature so I can look for the source? I've never heard of this but sounds nice and possible very useful but I I worry this mat be an issue with the SOD(sleep of death) issue from the AJK kernel. Don't get me wrong, I love his 4.9 kernel but stopped using just for that reason

TheGeekyNimrod

Jun 18, 2013
Virginia
thisisjohnnyt.com
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2110542

There's the link. I've been running v4.9 ever since I started using CarbonRom (prior to SlimKat). Never had SOD issues. Maybe because of the profile I used or the way I tuned it. AJK took some getting used to with all the available options. I don't know how advanced it is to implement in a kernel though. I imagine it's no easy task. I could do it now using SETcpu, but I just prefer Stweak, hints why I asked about the option.

I wish I knew more about kernel building to help implement some requests, but it's beyond my knowledge. That's why I leave it to all you fine folks. :)

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA Free mobile app

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Reuploaded. Sorry but updates may be frequent untill everything is working as should but I think that is only BLN that is left. I'm working to try and get that straightened out. Everything else appears to be running smooth and I've been getting great battery life. I added 4 or 5 more governors and a few io schedulers. Anything not working please report. Thanks for support and patience. This stuff is hard lol

jackal2001

Aug 25, 2012
Bethlehem, PA
So do we need to always flash this over your normal 4.4.4 ROM build or are you just going to incorporate it in the ROM?

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to Shift Kernel

Here we have custom toolchain build Linaro 4.7.4 Aosp custom kernel.

This is based on the Cyanogenmod SMDK4412 updated source.

Kernel uses STweaks which should be installed as a system app with the zip as it's included. If it doesn't just download and install

Starting with 5.0 this kernel supports all AOSP KitKat ROMS for the I777/959G

Downloads: Shift

Also feedback is very welcome. Also I will CONSIDER requests if I find it useful and not too strenuous to implement. Again Enjoy yourself guys!!!!

Thanks goes out to @ZaneZam for the amazing zzmoove that is included that we all love. @dorimanx for a little help and his amazing source for the i9100. If you thank me, please take the time to go thank him as well because without him some of this would never be possible as it helped me understand the extent to which some of this must go to function as it should. PLUS, he's an AMAZING Dev, Get over there already, and of course @gokhanmoral (Siyah Kernel) who without some of his early work none of this would be possible. He is the master Dev when it comes to the S2 community, even if we don't see the I9100 work over here we are forever in his debt @razen_kain for countless hours of testing and dealing with my lip when things are wreaking havoc @TheGeekyNimrod for testing CWM, unsuccessful or not, it is still extremely helpful
    If I forgot you, just say so

« Credits

Gokhanmoral (Siyah Kernel) & STweaks
    Entropy512 (CyanogenMod)
    Dorimanx
    ZaneZam

shiftboot.jpeg
    New build. Zero wake lag added, Frandom module (control in STweaks) and as mentioned previously this is universal and will work on all KK roms besides the miui port ?. Enjoy. More goodies to come

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23622183712472765

Sent from my SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    New build is up. Over 100 commits for sure. I Stweaks has been updated with Dynamic Fsync control which I HIGHLY recommend using. I also updated the Philz recovery to the latest and Final ever version of Philz since he is stepping away. Enjoy, this thing is a BEAST> Hopefully you've enjoyed the work as much as I've enjoyed building it. Happy flashing

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95784891001605000
    FINAL release will be coming soon. I'd say within the week. Already updated the WiFi driver and reduced some wakelocks including on WiFi. This update will be almost ALL BEHIND THE SCENES but it will be MASSIVE. There will be many many changes. I'll be sure to link the commits if I remember but they won't show you alot TBH. Just know that it will have a ton of improvements and use less resources to run. I know way way way more now than when I started this beast. Great kernel already IMO of course BUT will be much better with some more even stricter Linaro rules making it that much better. Testing a SaberMod version as well with the latest sources
    Reuploaded. Sorry but updates may be frequent untill everything is working as should but I think that is only BLN that is left. I'm working to try and get that straightened out. Everything else appears to be running smooth and I've been getting great battery life. I added 4 or 5 more governors and a few io schedulers. Anything not working please report. Thanks for support and patience. This stuff is hard lol