FORUMS

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

What’s Next for Samsung and Its Flagships?

If we were to say that the Galaxy S6 was a leap of faith made by Samsung, we … more

The Ultimate Showcase of dBrand Skins

In the search for ways to protect, accessorize, and personalize; a user has many options. One … more

Huawei’s Rapid Rise to Third Place in the Smartphone Race

Huawei has quickly grown to become one of the world’s biggest … more

[Q] Safest way to go from MI7 to NE6

466 posts
Thanks Meter: 42
 
By Daved+, Senior Member on 25th June 2014, 05:36 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hey

Well, I finally decided to update, I'm on rooted JB (knox 0x0 and I want to keep it that way). Can I mobile odin the NE6 rom and inject root (and pc odin the bl) or is the any other better way?

Thank you,

David
 
 
25th June 2014, 07:45 AM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Hey David,

Do it from a PC. I'm not sure why but Mobile Odin doesnt work when trying to go NE6.

good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to lwdjdmr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th June 2014, 09:49 AM |#3  
Account currently disabled
Flag Bakersfield, California
Thanks Meter: 3,677
 
Donate to Me
More
error post
Last edited by Misterjunky; 25th June 2014 at 09:53 AM.
25th June 2014, 02:35 PM |#4  
Daved+'s Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 42
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwdjdmr

Hey David,

Do it from a PC. I'm not sure why but Mobile Odin doesnt work when trying to go NE6.

good luck!

Do you mean I odin NE6 with the pc directly from MI7 and then use towel root?

Or is it better if I take the OTA first?

I want to stay rooted and region unlocked.

Thank you
25th June 2014, 02:36 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
And apparently its now NF1 not NE6.

you could follow Effortless ROM guide to help you out.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...9#post52968449

Hope this helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to lwdjdmr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th June 2014, 07:06 PM |#6  
Daved+'s Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 42
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwdjdmr

And apparently its now NF1 not NE6.

you could follow Effortless ROM guide to help you out.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...9#post52968449

Hope this helps.

I want NE6, I read you can odin back from NF1 to NE6 but I'm not sure what happens with knox (and the region unlock).

I read it before but the Effortless ROM guide is kind of risky because it says to root the phone (trips knox on NF1) to reflash the baseband if it fails while flashing the full ROM so I prefer some other way.

Thank you
26th June 2014, 04:11 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Flag Oswego, Il
Thanks Meter: 21
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daved+

I want NE6, I read you can odin back from NF1 to NE6 but I'm not sure what happens with knox (and the region unlock).

I read it before but the Effortless ROM guide is kind of risky because it says to root the phone (trips knox on NF1) to reflash the baseband if it fails while flashing the full ROM so I prefer some other way.

Thank you

Can't you use triangle to just go back to 0x0 after you trip it?
26th June 2014, 07:17 PM |#8  
Daved+'s Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 42
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiffyDivine

Can't you use triangle to just go back to 0x0 after you trip it?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2486346
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes