Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,915 Members 42,583 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bluetooth A2DP stutter cuts out while streaming music

Tip us?

Zylograth
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 70

DONATE TO ME
Default Bluetooth A2DP stutter cuts out while streaming music

I have noticed since I upgraded from GS3 to Note 3 that when I am streaming music to my car stereo the audio will skip or stutter. The song continues to play but the audio cuts out for anywhere up to a second or two. Has anyone else seen this or resolved it?

I have seen some posts that say turning off WiFi fixed it but I still get the skip, if a little less frequently with WiFi turned off.

It seems to go away if I set the developer options to keep the screen awake while charging. So it seems like the CPU clock may be too low during sleep to maintain everything else it is doing as well as audio streaming.

Any feedback is appreciated, thanks!
Samsung Galaxy S5
Nexus 7 32GB 2013

kabuk1
Old
Thanks Meter 160
This happens to me too sometimes. It seems worse when I first start streaming & then it calms down a bit. But it still occasionally skips. I experienced this on my note 2 as well though, so I don't think its an exclusive issue to the N3.
I dunno, butts I guess.

Zylograth
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 70

DONATE TO ME
This is happening 4 or 5 times per song, so it is quite annoying LOL
Samsung Galaxy S5
Nexus 7 32GB 2013

idtheftvictim
Old
Thanks Meter 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zylograth View Post
This is happening 4 or 5 times per song, so it is quite annoying LOL
Stock ROM? Stock Kernel? Need more info from both of you.

Sounds like the CPU might be dropping too low when the screen is off, causing the stuttering. You could try a custom kernel with a higher screen off frequency.

Used to happen on my S2 and this was the problem...

Zylograth
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 70

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by idtheftvictim View Post
Stock ROM? Stock Kernel? Need more info from both of you.

Sounds like the CPU might be dropping too low when the screen is off, causing the stuttering. You could try a custom kernel with a higher screen off frequency.

Used to happen on my S2 and this was the problem...
Full stock, I believe that is the problem as it is pretty much resolved when I leave the screen on. Still testing this here and there to be sure.
Samsung Galaxy S5
Nexus 7 32GB 2013

kabuk1
Old
Thanks Meter 160
This has happened to me on every rom & kernel I've tried. Which is pretty much all of them for the N3, and everything from stock to CM on the N2.
I dunno, butts I guess.

Xupack
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Full stock, I believe that is the problem as it is pretty much resolved when I leave the screen on. Still testing this here and there to be sure.
I have the same problem on my GN3 international version and yes leaving the screen on WILL solve it. However, that's not a practical solution.

Try this, download Poweramp, go into settings, audio, advanced tweaks, set the audio buffer size to Large (+250ms) and audio thread priority to +2

See if that works for you. If it does, then buy the full version even though I like the timbre effect and bass on the stock music player but this is the only solution, so far.

YellowGTO
Old
Thanks Meter 181
Quote:
I have noticed since I upgraded from GS3 to Note 3 that when I am streaming music to my car stereo the audio will skip or stutter. The song continues to play but the audio cuts out for anywhere up to a second or two. Has anyone else seen this or resolved it?

I have seen some posts that say turning off WiFi fixed it but I still get the skip, if a little less frequently with WiFi turned off.

It seems to go away if I set the developer options to keep the screen awake while charging. So it seems like the CPU clock may be too low during sleep to maintain everything else it is doing as well as audio streaming.

Any feedback is appreciated, thanks!
What headunit? I run Kenwood KDC-X995, and never had an issue with it cutting out. THe headunit wouldn't display track info though. The way I fixed this is connecting via the Stock Samsung media player., Everything has been a dream since
-Note 3-
2125, 3125, 8125, 8525, Tilt, Fuze, Tilt2, Droid X, Captivate, Atrix, Titan, SGS3, Note, Nexus, Note II,

djtheraven
Old
Thanks Meter 490
I had this problem and it just went away after a few reboots and some time. ..

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
USA T-Mobile Samsung Note 3 SM-N700T
Stock Deoexed NF1
LeanKernel 3.2
TWRP 2.7.2.0

Esteef
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Default A2DP loss

Note 3 Owner here. Rooted with stock ROM and stock kernel. (T-Mobile)

Experiencing intermittent Bluetooth audio loss as well.

Just contributing to the list.

-Steven M
Phone LG Nexus 4 E960
Rom : PARANOIDANDROID 4.2.2 / Franco.Kernel r172
1.5 Ghz S4 Pro