Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,424 Members 35,931 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] SPH-l900 EFS Pro, issues with no readlink

Tip us?

sethvel1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Unhappy [Q] SPH-l900 EFS Pro, issues with no readlink

I have just rooted my Sprint Note 2 SPH-l900. I am learning all of this as I go. I was looking into changing some of my themes and icons and ran into the need of a deoxed ROM which means I need a new ROM. The first thing I tried to do was save my EFS Partition. I navigated to the EFS location, long clicked and chose copy. I then navigated to my external SD to drop it there but I had no choice to paste. I then found the EFS pro from this site. I opened it, added the EFS to the list of partitions and I was then greeted with a note stating I need the readlink: applet and suggested Busybox 1.20.2 All I have to choose from in busybox Pro is 1.21.1 and 1.21.0. If I choose a custom download, I am taking to a page with a 404 display which of course is of no use. I cannot find anywhere to get this applet and I am getting frustrated. I am already trying to learn this and I am stuck in something I cant get out of. All the instructions for EFS Pro don't explain this situation. Please let me know how to get past this and to make sure I have a proper version of busybox at the same time. My actual next step is to get a new ROM so any suggestions for that is helpful as well. I am looking to customize, save battery and I am still learning what else is out there. My battery is lasting 3 days of now, I am looking for 5 days just to see if I can. I have a 9300 mAh battery right now.
I have a SPH-l900 with Titanium Backup Pro, Waze, Tasker, Swiftkey, Super SU ROM Toolbox, Orange Backup, Multiwindow Pro, Goo Manager, Comodo Security, Busybox ProBoat Browser, Android Assistant and some other apps for HVAC Purposes.

Any help is extremely appreciated. Again I am new, have no Android developmental skills but I will do research and I learn quite a bit faster than most people (though I have blocked quite a bit of my synapses in my early years!!)

sethvel1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
I have become familiar with the filing system and have made copies of the efs and save it on my external card, laptop and my drop box. I am now looking for a ROM to flash which keeps all of the unique functions of the note such as multi-windows and the s pen I am looking for improved responsiveness/quickness, lots of custom icons/themes/colors/graphics/home screens etc...I am also looking for an efficient setup to keep my battery up and lasting. The last thing which i think is common is that it is deodoxed.

Thanks

Ericktazo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Help me

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethvel1 View Post
I have become familiar with the filing system and have made copies of the efs and save it on my external card, laptop and my drop box. I am now looking for a ROM to flash which keeps all of the unique functions of the note such as multi-windows and the s pen I am looking for improved responsiveness/quickness, lots of custom icons/themes/colors/graphics/home screens etc...I am also looking for an efficient setup to keep my battery up and lasting. The last thing which i think is common is that it is deodoxed.

Thanks

Hello friend, I hope you do not bother, this message is for help, first I would like to know if you are a user of a note L900, I have a problem, delete the EFS folder. Now I have no IMEI, I have seen a technician, he says Get the EFS folder from another note, to retrieve your IMEI.

The question is: lend me your EFS folder?

sethvel1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericktazo View Post
Hello friend, I hope you do not bother, this message is for help, first I would like to know if you are a user of a note L900, I have a problem, delete the EFS folder. Now I have no IMEI, I have seen a technician, he says Get the EFS folder from another note, to retrieve your IMEI.

The question is: lend me your EFS folder?

I think this response and user should be investigated for fishing

Ericktazo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy I need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethvel1 View Post
I think this response and user should be investigated for fishing

Could you help me with the EFS folder? Please

bobur83
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hello. I have SPH_L900 but it deleted folder EFS , please help me to recover if there is a backup I would be grateful if you copy can help me .

bonebeatz1234
Old
Thanks Meter 175
I was stuck in safe mode from a random reboot. I lost my imei and everything was wiped. I deleted. The efs folder i hope of fixing things but made it worse. I bought another phone 3 months later i decided to fix it or try. I downloaded mc2 stock rom and the mc2 partition file just to try because i tried everything possible til that point. And when i did that my damn phone imei number baseband and everything came back i was shocked. I read on the international g note2 about currupt partitions from flashing. Now i own a lg g2 and a working note 2 i use both phones now. I was using the s5 feat rom which is nice but im on the lg g2 trying this lg g3 rom port. I like both may the note 2 live on . atleast try what i did because my phone was toast before i fixed it

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to bonebeatz1234 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bobur83
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default 4463

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonebeatz1234 View Post
I was stuck in safe mode from a random reboot. I lost my imei and everything was wiped. I deleted. The efs folder i hope of fixing things but made it worse. I bought another phone 3 months later i decided to fix it or try. I downloaded mc2 stock rom and the mc2 partition file just to try because i tried everything possible til that point. And when i did that my damn phone imei number baseband and everything came back i was shocked. I read on the international g note2 about currupt partitions from flashing. Now i own a lg g2 and a working note 2 i use both phones now. I was using the s5 feat rom which is nice but im on the lg g2 trying this lg g3 rom port. I like both may the note 2 live on . atleast try what i did because my phone was toast before i fixed it

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
well I will try that option but first I need your help , please if you have ROOT , make a copy of the folder EFS and let me please I really want to, thank you!!!

bonebeatz1234
Old
(Last edited by bonebeatz1234; 27th June 2014 at 08:52 PM.)
Thanks Meter 175
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7kihwcdm9c2thj2/efs.zip. unzip and put it on phone. It won't work i already been there but you can see for yourself. Do what i said above and you will have a working phone again just save yourself the extra time n money i made the mistake so that others don't have too. Ill find the partition file it was hard to find on xda. This the partition pit file https://www.dropbox.com/s/4n789cxgl0hvm51/t0lte.pit if you decide to try it. If you need directions ill be online for 30 min then I'm off

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to bonebeatz1234 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bobur83
Old
Thanks Meter 0
thank you! I went to download firmware what you said but not stitched since I already have the latest version, folder efs you can make another backup? z I'll give you the instructions are very easy to install BB_pro_v14_Rus.apk after EFS_Professional . to make a backup in tar format . and send it to me , thank you for the help
in the folder EFS Professional\ EFSProBackup will backup
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	01.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	2825113