Post Reply

Phone rebooting when there's an app update in Google play

OP paolobacci

28th June 2014, 10:58 PM   |  #1  
paolobacci's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Niterói
Thanks Meter: 6
 
278 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
I've noticed that my phone was rebooting and I was looking for a pattern. After a few reboots I find out it happens when there's an notification or trying to update an app in Google play. So, the workaround is to disable auto update apps and notifications of available updates too.
Now it's running rock solid, but this problem makes me sad.

Thank you!
30th June 2014, 06:50 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
T0r0nt0!
Thanks Meter: 38
 
252 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Stock firmware or rooted/custom? Either way you should consider a factory reset
The Following User Says Thank You to mediumsteak For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th June 2014, 07:07 PM   |  #3  
gee2012's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,146
 
8,561 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Yup, as said above or if that doesn`t help reflash the stock/custom rom with Odin/recovery and then data factory reset.
30th June 2014, 08:15 PM   |  #4  
paolobacci's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Niterói
Thanks Meter: 6
 
278 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediumsteak

Stock firmware or rooted/custom? Either way you should consider a factory reset

Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012

Yup, as said above or if that doesn`t help reflash the stock/custom rom with Odin/recovery and then data factory reset.

Yes, I did it twice but the problem persists
30th June 2014, 08:18 PM   |  #5  
gee2012's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,146
 
8,561 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paolobacci

Stock



Yes, I did it twice but the problem persists

Did you try clearing the Google Play and Google Play Services data in settings/apps/all apps and reboot and try again?
30th June 2014, 11:47 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
T0r0nt0!
Thanks Meter: 38
 
252 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
There is a small chance that you might have a defective device. If you can demonstrate to the manufacturer that factory reset does not solve your problems, you can get it fixed/replaced. Good luck guy
1st July 2014, 02:49 AM   |  #7  
paolobacci's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Niterói
Thanks Meter: 6
 
278 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012

Did you try clearing the Google Play and Google Play Services data in settings/apps/all apps and reboot and try again?

Yes and no good at all. Same thing happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mediumsteak

There is a small chance that you might have a defective device. If you can demonstrate to the manufacturer that factory reset does not solve your problems, you can get it fixed/replaced. Good luck guy

Maybe, but I have triggered the knoxx already rooting for the first time.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy S 5 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank