Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,105 Members 52,335 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Help] Factory Reset under Apollo Gapps Rom v1.2 and replace the stock Rom

Tip us?

wck01
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Help] Factory Reset under Apollo Gapps Rom v1.2 and replace the stock Rom

Hi All,

My friend use Apollo 14.3.2.3. I follow the guides and help to downgrade to 14.3.1.0. Then, I also helped him to install safestrap and Apollo Gapps Version 1.2. Everything was fine and prefect.

However, my friend tried to use factory reset at Gapps rom v1.2 without telling me. It made Kindle can't boot. Fortunately, he can go to recovery and make stock rom active. It can boot. However, I found that this is not original stock rom. I think the stock rom was replaced by Gapps rom v1.2.

Does anyone know how to restore the original stock rom? I have a stock rom backup copy from my kindle. Can I use that?

Thanks in advance.

rootcid
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Why not just autoupdate? That would lose you root but you can get it back.

jimyv
Old
Thanks Meter 119
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2793253
Please Hit (THANKS) If I Helped You
It's Free
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Following User Says Thank You to jimyv For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wck01
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you for all suggestion. Now, the HDX 8.9 is not bricking. It just losts the stock rom but has Apollo Gapps Version 1.2 instead. I'm still thinking to use the bricking method as I don't want HDX becomes bricking.

jimyv
Old
Thanks Meter 119
Default uhg

Quote:
Originally Posted by wck01 View Post
Hi All,

My friend use Apollo 14.3.2.3. I follow the guides and help to downgrade to 14.3.1.0. Then, I also helped him to install safestrap and Apollo Gapps Version 1.2. Everything was fine and prefect.

However, my friend tried to use factory reset at Gapps rom v1.2 without telling me. It made Kindle can't boot. Fortunately, he can go to recovery and make stock rom active. It can boot. However, I found that this is not original stock rom. I think the stock rom was replaced by Gapps rom v1.2.

Does anyone know how to restore the original stock rom? I have a stock rom backup copy from my kindle. Can I use that?

Thanks in advance.
Simple
First of all what you describe it did not happen or at least not right you described it sounds like they don't know exactly what they did. Second of all if they do not realize what they are doing to their device and they are very likely going to end up with a paperweight but that is neither my problem or your problem. Third if you do have a stock back up. Make sure you are on the stock slot then restore your stock back up...WARNING If you are both ignorant of this device. You will be back
Please Hit (THANKS) If I Helped You
It's Free
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Following User Says Thank You to jimyv For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]