ICE info on lockscreen. Opinions?

Search This thread

Kirkymole

Jun 28, 2013
Swindon
Sony have now given us the choice to show ICE (in case of emergency) info on the lockscreen. This allows the emergency services to see your next of kin info or even call them directly from the lockscreen without you ever having to divulge your password or pin.

What do people think of this?
A useless gimmick or a genuinly good idea?

I work in construction and welcome it. Should anything happen and I am injured or killed on site the emergency services can easily find out who I am and notify the relevant people. (provided the phone isn't destroyed along with me). A fair few sites now insist on staff wearing hard hat tags for the same purpose containing the same info.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

301stSpartan

Apr 15, 2012
Chicago, IL
Sony have now given us the choice to show ICE (in case of emergency) info on the lockscreen. This allows the emergency services to see your next of kin info or even call them directly from the lockscreen without you ever having to divulge your password or pin.

What do people think of this?
A useless gimmick or a genuinly good idea?

I work in construction and welcome it. Should anything happen and I am injured or killed on site the emergency services can easily find out who I am and notify the relevant people. (provided the phone isn't destroyed along with me). A fair few sites now insist on staff wearing hard hat tags for the same purpose containing the same info.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I don't think it's a bad idea. Probably not something everyone needs, but I think it has valid appeal. I'm not a dev, but I'd guess you could do most, if not all, of what you're saying with an Xposed module.

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts