1) As most folks know the I605 Galaxy Note 2 shipped with a locked bootloader. This means you Can Not flash any custom roms/kernels/ or recoveries until you unlock the bootloader!! Failure to comply will result in a yellow triangle stating "unsupported software detected"!
2) If you flashed custom software on your device without unlocking, please refer to Section 1B of my GUIDE in development section. This will bring your device back up and running in stock condition!!
3) Now you can proceed to Adams latest "Jailbreak" thread for for rooting/unlocking/flashing a custom recovery. Make sure to only use the method that applies to the firmware/bootloader version that was previously on your device.
VRAMC3 - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2272066
VRALL4 - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2118348
VRALJB- http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2043636 (Unless you purchased this device within the first month of release, and never accepted a OTA, Do Not use this link).
4) And last of all, folks never accept any OTA's!! There is no reason to!! Now that your device has been rooted, unlocked, and running twrp recovery, you can now download any latest update.zip from the dev section and flash in recovery. The Devs here are always fast at packaging up the OTA into a zip format so we can update via cwm or twrp recovery. There are a couple reasons why I prefer this method,
1. Future OTA updates may relock the device permanently! There is no gurantee a unlock method will be achieved for the next OTA.
2. .Zip roms are normally smaller, so they take less time to download and imo are easier to install.
3. OTA's can sometimes fail and soft brick the device.
So please read through this thread thoroughly and remember research twice, flash once! Hopefully this helps...
**Also Note the VRUEMJ9 4.3 OTA update locked the bootloader and there is no current unlock method**