FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

[Q] 4.3 unlock bootloader?

58 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By deezdrama, Member on 22nd June 2014, 07:14 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I made the mistake of taking the 4.3 over the air update last year.

Ive since been using the phone with a straight talk sim but would love to get rid of all the verizon bloatware and run a custom rom...

Just wondered if this is possible yet or is the bootloader still locked down tight?

22nd June 2014, 08:17 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deezdrama

I made the mistake of taking the 4.3 over the air update last year.

Ive since been using the phone with a straight talk sim but would love to get rid of all the verizon bloatware and run a custom rom...

Just wondered if this is possible yet or is the bootloader still locked down tight?

search "safestrap" and "saferoot"
23rd June 2014, 03:39 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
you can root and use titanium to freeze apps or use safestrap to flash only MJ9 based roms over your current stock rom. I recommend n3bula if you are going to use safestrap
9th April 2015, 04:05 AM |#4  
OP Member

More
Its been a while since I looked into seeing if the 4.3 note 2 was yet able to be flashed with custom roms and bootloader unlocked.

Any updates?
9th April 2015, 11:50 AM |#5  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushypizza

you can root and use titanium to freeze apps or use safestrap to flash only MJ9 based roms over your current stock rom. I recommend n3bula if you are going to use safestrap

I recently rooted and flashed a 5.0 rom on a sprint s5 just to find out it wont work with straight talk, ive been running my verizon note 2 for years with a gsm sim, i had it ported to straight talks cdma lte 4g and my service is much better.

I would like to get another year or so out of the phone but its been laggy after years of use.
I could factory reset but would love to get rid of the bloatware and flash a custom rom.

Is N3bula the best bet still? Im not too picky on what rom I flash. Just want a stable one and one thats easy to flash. Ive never tried rooting or flashing a rom on this phone yet,any thing to be aware of?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)