Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

twrp backups not showing..??

17th June 2013, 04:11 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

25 posts
Hey everyone. So I wanted to try out the vanilla root box ROM today and after a while of checking it out I decided to swap back to the back up I made before doing the ROM install. Problem is, when I boot into recovery, and press restore...non of my backups are there. Can anyone help? Where did my back ups go?
17th June 2013, 05:43 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

25 posts
ok, sorry guys, i was on my phone at a friends place when i posted this thread so i wasnt able to search to much on google. so the deal is my TWRP isnt seeing the backups i did after i rooted my note 2 and the backup i did before i flashed my vanilla rootbox rom. kinda weird. anyways, i looked thru my phone files with file manager and the backups are indeed there...

does anyone know where i need to move these files to have them show up under restore in TWRP? i tried one method of making another backup and then moving the backups to where the new backup was stored. but when i go to look, the new backup doesnt show in file manager in the location where TWRP said the backup was stored...i even searched for it and still no dice. lmk if you have a fix for this. thanks!

i also went into TWRP, went to advanced, file manager, data, media, twrp, backups, the back i was looking for was there.

i tried moving it to the media/0 location like mentioned in this youtube vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_ziillAA-I

it doesnt let me copy the folder over like shown in the vid. waited like 3 mins, then says it failed. then wont even try after each attempt afterwards, just goes straight to fail....

WHAT THE DEUCE!?
Last edited by flip06; 17th June 2013 at 05:43 PM.
17th June 2013, 05:00 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

25 posts
Ima connect the phone to my laptop and see if I can locate the newest backup I made and see about moving the older ones to that location. Seen if they show up. If anyone knows the actual location or fix for this do let me know. Seems that the newest version of twrp was suppose to fix this but I guess not.
17th June 2013, 06:27 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

25 posts
ok so i figured it out.

somehow the first couple stock backups i made ended up in the TWRP backup folder on the internal drive of the phone.
the new backup was stored in the TWRP backup folder on my SD Card.

so after finding both locations, i cut the two stock backups i made and pasted them into the SD Card TWRPs Backup folder and BAM! they show up now in my restore option on TWRP.
17th June 2013, 06:49 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

25 posts
ok just to confirm, my first nandroid backup flashes correctly. but the backup i made before i flashed the vanilla rootbox rom some reasno fails...i dunno. im just happy i got my backups to show up now. and at least one works. ima try and get the one backup to work again but well see. hope this thread helps someone out if they are having this same problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to flip06 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th June 2013, 07:35 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 19

158 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flip06

ok just to confirm, my first nandroid backup flashes correctly. but the backup i made before i flashed the vanilla rootbox rom some reasno fails...i dunno. im just happy i got my backups to show up now. and at least one works. ima try and get the one backup to work again but well see. hope this thread helps someone out if they are having this same problem.

Glad you found them and are you're good to go!
17th June 2013, 11:33 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

25 posts
double post..oops!
Last edited by flip06; 18th June 2013 at 04:31 PM.
18th June 2013, 12:19 PM   |  #8  
Flag Conley
Thanks Meter: 289

1,879 posts
More
Quote:

ok just to confirm, my first nandroid backup flashes correctly. but the backup i made before i flashed the vanilla rootbox rom some reason fails...i dunno. im just happy i got my backups to show up now. and at least one works. ima try and get the one backup to work again but well see. hope this thread helps someone out if they are having this same problem.

Sorry I am late to the party... But in twrp at the top of the screen you can change where to get the backup from its a bar that says data(xxxx) however much space you have left.. Tap it and you can. Go from internal to external memory and search any folder. Doesn't have to be in the twrp backup folder either... Just for future references... Again sorry probably could have saved you time and effort if I saw this earlier.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to craigbailey1986 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th June 2013, 04:33 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

25 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbailey1986

Sorry I am late to the party... But in twrp at the top of the screen you can change where to get the backup from its a bar that says data(xxxx) however much space you have left.. Tap it and you can. Go from internal to external memory and search any folder. Doesn't have to be in the twrp backup folder either... Just for future references... Again sorry probably could have saved you time and effort if I saw this earlier.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

hey man, thanks for the info. yea i didnt realize you could change the location, i dont even remember tapping that part of the screen before initializing the backup process...maybe i hit it and didnt think about it. *FACEPALM!*

anyways, ill keep that in mind for next time.
27th March 2014, 04:22 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 3

19 posts
Quote:

hey man, thanks for the info. yea i didnt realize you could change the location, i dont even remember tapping that part of the screen before initializing the backup process...maybe i hit it and didnt think about it. *FACEPALM!*

anyways, ill keep that in mind for next time.

Sorry, but what part of the screen are you tapping? I can select between different drives, but I don't see any directory in there (and neither the classic two dots to go one directory back). I am using 2.7

Thanks

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread