Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,225 Members 53,659 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] n7 stuck in constant on/off cycle

Tip us?

blunt420
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] n7 stuck in constant on/off cycle

any1 have any suggestions my wife is going thru candy crush withdrawals haha i have a n7 2012 unlocked/rooted running stock and boom all of a sudden im stuck in a on/off cycle loop thats lasted days it stays on for a few minutes then turns off reboots and does it over and over. i tried wiping data thru settings nothing happens and i tried recovery i get droid red triangle says no command thanks

milance92
Old
Thanks Meter 4

DONATE TO ME
Cool fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by blunt420 View Post
any1 have any suggestions my wife is going thru candy crush withdrawals haha i have a n7 2012 unlocked/rooted running stock and boom all of a sudden im stuck in a on/off cycle loop thats lasted days it stays on for a few minutes then turns off reboots and does it over and over. i tried wiping data thru settings nothing happens and i tried recovery i get droid red triangle says no command thanks
press power button + volume down button and hold it about 10 seconds , device will restart , and u will be in bootloader ,press volume down/up you will see "recovery" , select with power button , device will reboot to recovery , wipe all ( factory reset ) then go to advanced and wipe dalvik cache , go back , and reboot your device

blunt420
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by milance92 View Post
press power button + volume down button and hold it about 10 seconds , device will restart , and u will be in bootloader ,press volume down/up you will see "recovery" , select with power button , device will reboot to recovery , wipe all ( factory reset ) then go to advanced and wipe dalvik cache , go back , and reboot your device
milance i tried using wug to return to stock cuz clicking recovery have me droid guy with triangle said no command now all i get is the google screen nothing else recovery still gives me the same image any ideas?? btw i did order a 2013 today so if i have to i will fire this thing off the roof of my house haha

milance92
Old
Thanks Meter 4

DONATE TO ME
Smile Try this way

Quote:
Originally Posted by blunt420 View Post
milance i tried using wug to return to stock cuz clicking recovery have me droid guy with triangle said no command now all i get is the google screen nothing else recovery still gives me the same image any ideas?? btw i did order a 2013 today so if i have to i will fire this thing off the roof of my house haha
If fastboot loads and adb service recognise the device when on usb , then i recomend to use some toolkit and flash stock 4.4.4 ( rooted ofc ) ,and then do whatever u like . Seems like u bricked it

Dont do that , send it to me i need one more too

blunt420
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Quote:
If fastboot loads and adb service recognise the device when on usb , then i recomend to use some toolkit and flash stock 4.4.4 ( rooted ofc ) ,and then do whatever u like . Seems like u bricked it

Dont do that , send it to me i need one more too
nothing loads just google screen hit recovery nothing hit bootloader nothing just power off works haha