Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,223 Members 52,891 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] archos 79 xenon freezing at the start-up logo

Tip us?

pat2211
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] archos 79 xenon freezing at the start-up logo

I tried to root my 79 xenon using frama root, it worked but a few days later my 79xe keeps freezing on the start-up logo " archos entertainment your way". I contacted the store where I bought this tablet and they told me that they need the stock firmware to fix this problem. I have searched but nothing found, also no reponse from archos customer service. I would be greatfull to you if anyone can provide me the stock rom of Archos 79 xenon.

theadenter
Old
Thanks Meter 15
http://www.archos.com/ru/support/sup...dates_fwm.html
A list of official firmwares available.
Archos 101G9 1Gb Turbo 1.5GHz

pat2211
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I hope the firmware will availble soon . Can I extract the firmware from the others ?

theadenter
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat2211 View Post
I hope the firmware will availble soon . Can I extract the firmware from the others ?
No, you can brick your device easily by doing that. The only ways to bring it to work is to send it to the authorized Archos service or to ask support for assistance.
Archos 101G9 1Gb Turbo 1.5GHz

star1304
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Recovering from start up freeze.

I bought this tablet and root it using kingo root. The tablet froze at the welcoming display the next day and the only solution I discovered is to boot into then recovery (vol up + power on) and execute a factory reset. It boots OK and kept the root.
Now it is the 2nd day and I am keeping my fingers cross.
Have anybody found the reason why? And anybody with a link to a recent stock firmware.

Derek