Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,888 Members 52,600 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] lg g2 or g pro 2?

Tip us?

chaitanyakoranne
Old
(Last edited by chaitanyakoranne; 25th June 2014 at 10:45 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] lg g2 or g pro 2?

hello guys,
i just want to know that , are there any chances of getting custom roms for g pro 2 (D838)?
OR will there be development on this device?
coz m gonna buy this device otherwise i will go for g2

sorry for horrible English

bobsie41
Old
Thanks Meter 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaitanyakoranne View Post
hello guys,
i just want to know that , are there any chances of getting custom roms for g pro 2 (D838)?
OR will there be development on this device?
coz m gonna buy this device otherwise i will go for g2

sorry for horrible English
I owned the g2 then I moved onto the g pro 2 (d838) as I got a fantastic deal on a new one on ebay.

The g2 is an excellent device with a fairly decent custom rom scene thanks mostly to @Cloudya but the g pro 2 has similar hardware specs with the massive bonus of a 5.9 inch screen (g2=5.2 inch) an extra 1gb of ram, a micro sd card slot, a removable battery and an improved ois on the camera.
I absolutely love my g2 pro 2 but, at the moment, the dev scene is practically non-existant. We have easy root but no custom recovery. I can't understand why this device isn't popular, It is excellent and as soon as we users flaunt this fact then perhaps people (especially developers) will buy this device and develop for it.
In saying this, on stock, this is the best device that I have ever owned and I have had many.

slammer1
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Agreed, I have owned a g2, loved it. this G Pro 2 is even better. All specs mentioned in above post are 1 reason why I like it more. Another is the size, I can't see my self going g2 size again. This phone is the best I've owned, and that list is long. I sold my galaxy note 3 after using this for a week.
The Following User Says Thank You to slammer1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

manas.neo
Old
Thanks Meter 3
G Pro 2! I own a nexus 5 and now got a D838. I cant start explaining how much more awsome the G Pro 2 is. The screen and the battery life are the selling points for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to manas.neo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stupc
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by manas.neo View Post
G Pro 2! I own a nexus 5 and now got a D838. I cant start explaining how much more awsome the G Pro 2 is. The screen and the battery life are the selling points for me.
Seconded!

letschky
Old
Thanks Meter 523

DONATE TO ME
G Pro 2!This have a Micro SD Slot and Removable Battery,and i love the Size!We can root the G Pro 2,but no Custom Recovery(D838)

LG G Pro 2 D838 White 32GB
Stock Rom/10e Root

LG G Pad 8.3
LRS Rom 2.5

Older Devices:LG G Flex D955 - LG G2 - HTC Droid DNA - HTC One X Plus - Samsung Note II - LG Optimus 4X HD - HTC ONE X

Planet X
Old
Thanks Meter 140
I also don't understand why LG hasn't released this flagship to Europe anyway? Luckily eBay is there to help us.
LG G3 - D855 32GB - stock rooted
LG G Pro 2 - D838 32Gb - stock rooted
Samsung Tab 2 10.1 P5110 - powered by cm11
...and lots of flashgood before

................and lots of flashgood before