Enable the Hidden Notification LED on the Google Nexus 6!

LED notification lights have existed on Android devices since the very beginnings … more

MX Player Ready to Rock on Lollipop

A good video player should be reliable and free. One of the XDA Community Apps, MX Player, meets both of … more

How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] lg g2 or g pro 2?

OP chaitanyakoranne

25th June 2014, 11:42 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

19 posts
hello guys,
i just want to know that , are there any chances of getting custom roms for g pro 2 (D838)?
OR will there be development on this device?
coz m gonna buy this device otherwise i will go for g2

sorry for horrible English
Last edited by chaitanyakoranne; 25th June 2014 at 11:45 AM.
25th June 2014, 07:30 PM   |  #2  
Flag Hornsea
Thanks Meter: 308

1,729 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaitanyakoranne

hello guys,
i just want to know that , are there any chances of getting custom roms for g pro 2 (D838)?
OR will there be development on this device?
coz m gonna buy this device otherwise i will go for g2

sorry for horrible English

I owned the g2 then I moved onto the g pro 2 (d838) as I got a fantastic deal on a new one on ebay.

The g2 is an excellent device with a fairly decent custom rom scene thanks mostly to @Cloudya but the g pro 2 has similar hardware specs with the massive bonus of a 5.9 inch screen (g2=5.2 inch) an extra 1gb of ram, a micro sd card slot, a removable battery and an improved ois on the camera.
I absolutely love my g2 pro 2 but, at the moment, the dev scene is practically non-existant. We have easy root but no custom recovery. I can't understand why this device isn't popular, It is excellent and as soon as we users flaunt this fact then perhaps people (especially developers) will buy this device and develop for it.
In saying this, on stock, this is the best device that I have ever owned and I have had many.
26th June 2014, 02:32 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 4

42 posts
Agreed, I have owned a g2, loved it. this G Pro 2 is even better. All specs mentioned in above post are 1 reason why I like it more. Another is the size, I can't see my self going g2 size again. This phone is the best I've owned, and that list is long. I sold my galaxy note 3 after using this for a week.
The Following User Says Thank You to slammer1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th June 2014, 10:45 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 3

27 posts
G Pro 2! I own a nexus 5 and now got a D838. I cant start explaining how much more awsome the G Pro 2 is. The screen and the battery life are the selling points for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to manas.neo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th June 2014, 12:12 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 3

54 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by manas.neo

G Pro 2! I own a nexus 5 and now got a D838. I cant start explaining how much more awsome the G Pro 2 is. The screen and the battery life are the selling points for me.

Seconded!
28th June 2014, 06:01 PM   |  #6  
Flag Perchtoldsdorf/Vienna
Thanks Meter: 555

673 posts
Donate to Me
More
G Pro 2!This have a Micro SD Slot and Removable Battery,and i love the Size!We can root the G Pro 2,but no Custom Recovery(D838)
2nd July 2014, 08:18 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 155

769 posts
More
I also don't understand why LG hasn't released this flagship to Europe anyway? Luckily eBay is there to help us.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread