Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,606 Members 47,823 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] D837 or D838

Tip us?

ray-lee
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] D837 or D838

Hi,

I'm a Brit based in Hong Kong. I want some advice on whether to get the D837 or the D838? They're about the same price here and both parallel imported goods. Only thing I can see technically is that the D837 has more bands available.

now, I do go back to the UK, maybe twice a year, and I have a SIM card on GiffGaff. Reading up, it won't work on D838 4G, but not a major deal. It'd be nice to have 4G, but as I'm only there for a short time, it's not a sticking issue.

Would there be any other issues I should be wary of? Localisation issues/software/app problems? Would the dev scene be different? There's a lot of users with the D838 and most mods/development is on that. (not that there is much from what I've seen).

any guidance here would be great.

Thanks.

N55
Old
Thanks Meter 4
The D837 is yet to be released over here in UK AFAIK and i doubt they will, just like the original G Pro. The only difference is the addition of the 800MHz LTE band on the D837.
The Following User Says Thank You to N55 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ray-lee
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by N55 View Post
The D837 is yet to be released over here in UK AFAIK and i doubt they will, just like the original G Pro. The only difference is the addition of the 800MHz LTE band on the D837.
Thanks. I'm thinking the D838. i can't seem to find any firmware files (or anything really) for the D837 model.
Root should still work as normal, but will need testing. there's a lot to think about