[Q] D837 or D838

OP ray-lee

26th June 2014, 07:33 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

23 posts
More
Hi,

I'm a Brit based in Hong Kong. I want some advice on whether to get the D837 or the D838? They're about the same price here and both parallel imported goods. Only thing I can see technically is that the D837 has more bands available.

now, I do go back to the UK, maybe twice a year, and I have a SIM card on GiffGaff. Reading up, it won't work on D838 4G, but not a major deal. It'd be nice to have 4G, but as I'm only there for a short time, it's not a sticking issue.

Would there be any other issues I should be wary of? Localisation issues/software/app problems? Would the dev scene be different? There's a lot of users with the D838 and most mods/development is on that. (not that there is much from what I've seen).

any guidance here would be great.

Thanks.
2nd July 2014, 12:17 AM   |  #2  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 4

10 posts
More
The D837 is yet to be released over here in UK AFAIK and i doubt they will, just like the original G Pro. The only difference is the addition of the 800MHz LTE band on the D837.
The Following User Says Thank You to N55 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd July 2014, 10:34 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

23 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by N55

The D837 is yet to be released over here in UK AFAIK and i doubt they will, just like the original G Pro. The only difference is the addition of the 800MHz LTE band on the D837.

Thanks. I'm thinking the D838. i can't seem to find any firmware files (or anything really) for the D837 model.
Root should still work as normal, but will need testing. there's a lot to think about
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread